This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why do you delete "friends" off facebook?
11-09-2012, 10:52 AM
why do you delete "friends" off facebook?
i delete them simply because we never talk and probably never will. most of the people ive been removing lately are people from high school who even during high school we never talked but just had each other as mutual friends on facebook. as such, neither me or the person being unfriended will really miss each other. why do you delete? i never delete out of rage, or after fighting with someone
i also dont want to have 1000+ friends by the time im 25. i generally like to keep the number below 500

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:00 AM

I deleted someone because they kept posting the same sort of item, over and over and over again. It was something the poster obviously cared deeply about, but my level of interest was nowhere as great and I got tired of seeing 3 or 4 posts a day on the same subject, asking me to do the same thing. (The poster was advocating for dogs at animal shelters and trying to get them adopted. It was a worthy cause, but 4 or so posts a day of sad-looking dogs, with each post asking her readers to adopt them, seemed excessive to me.)

I've got kind of a friend who has a book coming out. She's very enthusiastic about it, which is understandable. But now she's posting 6-7 times a day about it. Once or twice: Fine. More than that: Not so good. I'm thinking of deleting her.

Hope that helps.

Ads

11-09-2012, 11:00 AM

even 500 is excessive unless you're an extremely social person. I delete if they annoy me, if they are folk from school sending messages or friend requests, they get blocked. I cant stand anyone from school, they didnt give a flying f*ck then so why bother now? oh, thats right, to get access to all my info.

If i like a person but have a fight, they wont be taken off. If they add me then never speak, theyre deleted.