This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I set my entire facebook profile to private?
11-09-2012, 10:52 AM
How can I set my entire facebook profile to private?
I need to be able to set my entire facebook to private so that only those on my friends list can view it and any of my pictures. I have been trying for hours to figure this out, I thought it was already on friends only and yet someone NOT on my friends list stole pictures of my daughter. Please help!
Also, I have time line not the original layout. I can't find the "Edit Profile" option anywhere.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:00 AM

Facebook makes your friends list public by default. That means everyone can see it, even if they are not your friend.

You can change that with just a few clicks. The easiest way is you to go to your profile page to edit the visibility of your friends list. Clicking your name at the top right of your Facebook home page always takes you to your profile page, then click the "Edit Profile" button at top right.

Follow the following three steps to change the visibility of our friends list.

Click "Friends and Family" in the left sidebar (1) and a new menu will appear on the right, in the main body of the page.The "Friends" option in the middle of the page refers to your list of friends on Facebook.
Click the down arrow next to the globe at left: You control who can see your friends list by clicking on the audience selector drop-down menu (2), which by default is set to the globe icon for "Public."
Change the default. When you click the small down arrow, a longer list of options will appear (3). It includes "Friends," "Only Me," "Custom" and any additional networks or groups you've joined below that.It's a good idea to change the default setting for who can see your list of Facebook pals to "Friends," so only people you've friended on Facebook will have access to this list.

Best of luck

Ads

Ok, so what you will need to do is goto the drop down menu where you logout and then goto privacy settings and you should be able to navigate yourself there/

http://abrax.us/Facebook/TimelineGuide.php
http://abrax.us/Facebook/PrivatePictures.php