This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A website gave me a add-on/virus that makes ads pop up on my webpages, how do i get rid of them?
11-09-2012, 10:55 AM
A website gave me a add-on/virus that makes ads pop up on my webpages, how do i get rid of them?
I recently started getting random ads on all my webpages. Like on twitter, There's a bar on top with adds and then a box above my profile setting with a ad. And also on facebook it shows up on the left and right margins. Also on Yahoo homepage, there is a rectangular box with three small ads that are clearly fake (Like "Loose 30 lbs fast!" and "New disease found in a town near you!").

It's clearly not by the sites themselves, it says under the ad box "Ads not endorsed by..." and then the name of the site im on.

I right clicked on it and then i clicked on a option that could take me to the source website. It turns out (im guessing here, it just seems like this) that i got the ads virus or add on from a page on knowyourmeme that i clicked on from another site.

Is there anyway i could either remove the virus (I rand a full scan and nothing showed up) or block all activity coming from Knowyoumeme (Like go to internet option - block site) or something like that?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:03 AM

It isn't a virus Forest. It's a browser addon. Open your browser tools and disable or remove it. You get these when you download all that worthless bullshit you download.

Ads

You have whats known as adware on your computer, its a type of malware that injects adverts into web pages that you view. The form this malware takes is usually browser addons / extensions or toolbars. You should remove any such software you have installed and if that doesnt get rid of the problem, run antimalware scanners such as MalwareBytes Antimalware and SuperAntiSpyware.

Once you have eliminated the adware from your system, i recommend adding the safe and highly rated FB Purity browser extension for blocking out the normal facebook ads (sponsored box and sponsored stories / application and game spam etc: You can get it here: http://fbpurity.com

Google redirect virus is amongst the most annoying, harmful and toughest infection ever released on world wide web. Google redirect virus redirects google search results or normal website links to a malicious webpage which is related to some sort of advertisement or perhaps a page which enable hackers to get info from you. Apart from google redirect virus, it is also known as Yahoo Redirect Virus or Bing Redirect Virus, depending on which search engine is infected. Lately a modification of this infection has popped up as Nginx Redirect Virus and Happili Redirect Virus. In reality, all are identical but with some adjustments in viral code. Several pc users understand that Google redirect virus is just not a virus, but in fact a rootkit. Rootkit infections unlike other virus, spyware or trojan infections are extremely tough to eliminate. In most cases, google redirect virus rootkit is seen linked to Trojans which makes it much more deadly. According to a 2011 report, Google redirect virus have currently infected 45,00,000 computers worldwide, out of which 1/3rd is from US.

Some symptoms that you are having this virus on your PC:

• Browsers freeze
• Pages not loading at all
• Google searches got redirected to strange results
• Some programs won’t respond
• Internet connection brakes all the time
• Terrible adds popping from nowhere

I can not explain how effectively to handpick and remove google redirect virus since the methods that I found on the net are mainly used by experienced technicians who most likely work for some of the biggest security computer software brands.
From what I've heard and red, most of the people are pleased with one tool, which is specially made to destroy google redirect virus. I've provided you with a link in my source box.

In case you discover this answer valuable, please share it on your social network to help someone who might be facing the identical difficulty.