This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you keep a facebook profile that you use to connect with friends and family when you're getting married ?
11-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Can you keep a facebook profile that you use to connect with friends and family when you're getting married ?
I'm going to get married pretty soon to my fiance in Vietnam and I was wondering if I would need to delete my facebook profile. I use my facebook account to talk to my cousins and my friends. Do you think I should delete it or not ? i'm pretty sure everyone knows what facebook is and I think everyone has one these days.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:04 AM

My husband and I both have one for the same reason. If you are not doing anything innapropriate then there is no need to delete it in my opinion.

Ads

I have one because i live far away from family and it is hard to keep in touch. My husband knows my password and id he ever doubted me he would get on it. Facebook can be a problem when married dont be emailing girls or talking to them unless related.

Unless you are using Facebook to hook up with people, then no you are no obligated to get rid of it. I use Facebook for friends and family, as well as reconnecting with old friends from high school, distant relatives I've not seen in years ... so no, keep your facebook.

........What???

If my partner was that possessive... She wouldn't be my partner. Of course you should keep it!

My husband and I still maintain our pages in which we have MANY mutual friends, and now-family, as well as keeping in touch with people the other doesn't know. Such as my college friends, and his friends from when he relocated for 4+ years.

There is nothing wrong with maintaining a Facebook page with honest intentions, Facebook isn't the problem, it is the people who use it and their poor intentions that are the problem.

Why would you delete it? You are using it to keep in contact with your family and friends. Does your future wife have an issue with you being in contact with your family? If she does, you may want to reconsider who you're marrying.

You can keep it - just make sure you change your status to married and announce it to all! I have one and it's not an issue because I do use it to keep in touch with family and friends...

Sweetie, you're your own person right? Ah, no there is no valid reason for you to delete your facebook account.

Why would you need to delete it if that's what you use it for? You aren't doing anything wrong. People jump to to many conclusions about facebook, facebook does not cause infidelity. If a person is going to cheat, chances are they will do it regardless of if they have a facebook or not.

Both my husband and I have accounts on FB, we use it to talk to family and friends and play games. Not a big deal at all.