This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does everyone hate Facebook timeline?
11-09-2012, 10:57 AM
Why does everyone hate Facebook timeline?
What's wrong with it? I really like having cover photos Smile so why does everyone hate it? If you hate it explain why Smile thanx Alice xxxxx

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:06 AM

The old layout was better. #Humans don't like change.

Ads

Idk, I wondered that too. I think people just don't like change. It hasn't bothered me at all.

Well, they’ve done it again, Facebook has made changes to their classic layout. Weirdly, it seems that every time Facebook decides to redesign, rearrange or revamp its precious social networking space, there is fearsome uproar from half the people in my news feed. Now I’m not saying I’m a fan of everything Facebook has done to alter its “classic” feel, but I am saying that there are more than just a few people who make it quite clear that these “new” changes to Facebook’s timeline is a major tragedy and must be repealed.

However there is another curious aspect to this phenomenon, namely that every time Facebook changes its layout and an uproar of dissent is sparked, within two weeks, it’s forgotten, and Facebook’s surging membership continues to climb. The pattern has occurred a few times now, and seems to persist. They change, we hate, we get over it. But what does it actually take for the user-base to “get over it”?

My feeling is that generally we come to terms with the change, like it or not, it’s happened and we have very little (none is probably closer) say over whether the changes will be reversed. But what is it about this kind of change? Is it that we truly dislike what Facebook has done and they’ve gone and ruined my perfectly good profile? Or perhaps it’s the general human psychological reaction to change, where we are largely opposed to transformations of any kind?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say it’s mostly the second one. We don’t like change.

It might not be popular to admit this, but I think Facebook (one of the worlds biggest companies) is likely to have thought long and hard before making alterations to the design of its bacon-gathering machine. It’s really in their best interests to ensure that any changes that are made will improve the service they offer to users, rather than infuriate them.

I have found that since getting used to a new Facebook set up takes at most one day, it is therefore one of the smallest inconveniences in my life. More often than not, after using it a little more, I begin to understand why the changes have been made and how they have made my experience of Facebook more engaging and intuitive.

Experience has taught me that in a week or so everyone will be fine with the new timeline, but do you think it’s different this time? I have even seen groups devoted to bringing back the old Facebook by sharing images like the one on the left. Tell me what you think below, whether you love or hate the new timeline, and whether you think people will get over it or not.

It's like why everyone hates Xbox 360. It's not that it's bad, they just prefer something simple. If its not broke don't fix it.

they dont like it because they dont like having to learn new things

personally, i love new things, and love change, so i guess that makes me different

change is inevitable.. one must have to accept it.. :-)

the old layout was simple and straightforward. now its just all over the place and its harder to manage. I HATE TIMELINE!

i hate it i would like it to go back to normal i quess i dont like change that im use to it has to be easy not complicated

Because they Dont Like Change thats Why Everytime Something Changes your use to the Old Layout So it Gets Hard When you got a Layout Change

i Have Gone through so many changes from so many different sites i just learn to deal with the changes and love it

i love timeline as well once i got the hang of it