This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why did my friend betray me like this?
11-09-2012, 10:58 AM
Why did my friend betray me like this?
We've been friends for 3 years and i thought she was a good friend. She was always there when I needed to talk and was a shoulder to cry on. All my other friends let me down. When I got sick, she'd always call and check up on me. She often had me over and cooked my favourite food. I was even close to her boyfriend who's a good guy. My bf dumped me over the weekend - my 2nd breakup in 2 years. Of course, I called her to tell her.
At 1st, she was understand then she offered to give me constructive criticism. The thing is, it wasn't constructive. She just went on about how I'm too negative and I like to play the victim. I snapped and told her I don't want to be friends with her anymore. She got mad and accused me of punishing her for being honest. I removed her and her boyfriend from my Facebook. How could she do this to me? How dare she criticize me like that?
I

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:07 AM

Wow. Thing is, maybe you do like to play the victim. ಠ_ಠ

Ads

Her criticism may not have been very constructive in your eyes, but maybe it was to her. Also, you were probably feeling really hurt then, and people tend to be snappy when they are going throigh emotional pain and not knowing it. Therefore, her reaction probably was really mean sounding to you when in reality, it was more on the reasonable side. We all make mistakes, just like it was probably a mistake for her to give you "constructive criticism" when really all you needed was a shoulder to cry on. However, it was also a mistake when you snapped at her. Removing her and her boyfriend from Facebook was a really in-the-moment childish move that definitely wasn't helping.

Face the truth- she didn't betray you.

But this isn't all your fault. Talk to her and say that you are sorry for snapping at her. It is hard- trust me, I know- but necessary. Also tell her that you didn't really appreciate the way she talked to you in your time of need, either. But, make sure you say it nicely and be open minded about her side of the story too. Good luck!

You go on about how caring this girl has been to you. She honestly sounds like she has been a real friend to you.

But...have you been the same way for her? Or do you take advantage of her kindness?

She's right. After 3 years and being there for every crisis that you have, she knows you very well. She likely saw things in your relationships that you never saw or wanted to see. Now you break up with another guy and she offers to give you constructive criticism. You clearly said you wanted to hear it but apparently you don't understand what constructive criticism means. Look it up in a dictionary or online.

It's criticism that is positive and negative, put out for the benefit of the person so they can understand they might have something they need to work on. You don't have to agree with it...but you certainly don't have to have a fit and end a friendship over it.

This girl is your friend. You're the one who is not being friends with her and can't take any criticism. You did this to yourself. She did not betray you at all. She was honest. She told you about things you do that you can change. Instead of listening, you act like the victim...throw a fit, end your 3 year friendship with her, take her off facebook, and complain online about it. Based on your actions, I'd say her constructive criticism of you was right on target.

Oh you're right..you're definitely not a victim.

What a joke! She was a wicked good friend and when she tried to be honest with you, you repaid her for her years of loyalty by acting like a complete BRAT. Grow up, already.

Acting like this its a wonder how you have any friends at all.