This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How will Twitter impact my business?
10-01-2012, 05:47 PM
How will Twitter impact my business?
I'm doing marketing for a resort, and I need to come up with a one page report on how Twitter will impact our guests, our timeshare owners, and our vendors. Would love the help. Advice, websites to go to for information, etc.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 05:55 PM

no one knows

Ads

You could discuss how twitter works first, so your readers have an idea how viral the marketing can be with this social network. Twitter really works wonders in helping spread your message. There are tons of sites with posts on twitter basics, how-tos, etc. so it would be a good idea to start with these.
You could also feature other companies that are on Twitter. Do a twitter search of these companies and discuss how they do their marketing on twitter.
Hope this helps!

Twitter can be a very powerful tool. You need to become visible and promote yourself regularly on the site. It's not something you setup and then leave expecting immediate results. You need to let people know about your resort, the benefits and offer resources for them. Create a following and the word starts to spread.

Twitter is a great tool for promoting business or website.

I 'll try to list out some of it for you :
1.Creating a twitter account(business cum promotion) with your resort name is a good idea
2.Even before promoting your resort on twitter consider this, you need to be social and understand that people are there to share there life,family,work,play,coffee breaks etc no hard selling.
3. Start something with the location and accessibility of your resort like- landscape,natural beauty, nearby public utilities etc
4.Provide the reason for guest to choose your resort like- facilities you offer them free of cost- internet access,swimming pool,conference room,indoor games and activities etc

Twitter can be used as customer service- pre-sales and post sales help,as a feedback and suggestion medium, keeping in touch with regular/loyal customers, exploring potential customers globally, connecting with vendors world wide for supplies and orders.

You can announce upcoming events,conferences,meets, special offers. Ask people to participate in contests,quizzes, sports,competition organized by your resort.

For timeshare owners- keep them up to date with recent activities and happenings,guest traffic, etc with a simple tweet.

There is heck lot, try brain storming and I am sure you will get better ideas than me- all the best for your report.

To get a better sense of what the twitter is all about you need to grab my free twitter ebook which i have launched recently- Twitter Mastery.
http://successcurrency.com/twitter I am sure this will help you a lot.