This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why do people say facebook has privacy issues is this true?
11-09-2012, 11:00 AM
why do people say facebook has privacy issues is this true?
i want to make one because myspace is beyond slow now and freezes my computer but aol has made two stories about facebook having the worst privacy settings also the selena gomez got hacked video story where a guy showed how easy it is to hack facebook and it freaked me out

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:08 AM

no otherwise famous ppl wouldnt have them Smile

Ads

What they mean is Facebook is reported to be worth about 34 BILLION dollars. Now, think about that. WHat do they sell? How can they be worth money? The answer is YOUR INFORMATION. They are collecting all sorts of info about YOU worth friggin BILLIONS to companies. Your age, sex, the tv shows you like, your political affiliation, your friends, the products you like. I mean....its scary. Little by little they'll be selling your stuff. Bottom line..don't put ANYTHING on there that you wouldnt want your mom, teachers, bosses to look at.

Hell yea fb is terrible! they wuldnt let me log on thru my mobile phone now theyre tellin me they suspended my account! due to security issues wtf! uggh

People say Facebook has privacy issues because Facebook doesn't make it easy for you to make your information private (if you go with default settings, a lot of your profile is open to the public).

If you do decide to make a Facebook account, I would suggest going through the privacy settings carefully. By the time you start using Facebook, you should be able to answer these questions:
1) Who is allowed to view your profile (no one, friends, friends of friends, everyone, etc)?
2) Who can see your updates?
3) Who can see your birthday?
4) Who can see your friends list?
etc

If you can't answer these questions, either you don't care about your privacy (which is not necessarily a bad thing, but you should at least know that your information is open to the public), or you should go back to the privacy settings and set them to something you want.