This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I become an ESPNU top 100 basketball player?
10-01-2012, 05:55 PM
How can I become an ESPNU top 100 basketball player?
Hello, I'm a high school basketball player that goes to a small school, never having a D1 basketball prospect. I am going to be a Sophmore nest year, class of 2015, with a current GPA of 3.54 in all Pre-AP classes, and I'm now entering my 3rd year of playing basketball. I've made huge improvements over the years since not making my middle school team in 7th grade. I worked my butt of and made it my 8th grade year. My whole 8th grade year, I didnt score a single point, and never got to play. This really angered me, and I worked hard for my freshman year, thinking that the HS coach would give me more PT. Well, turns out, my old Middle School coach took the JV coach job, as a new head coach was hired for varsity as well. During the conditioning sessions, he said he was impressed by how much my shot had improved, and that I would be a solid role player in his system this year. This year, we played 17 games, and I didnt start in one until the latter of the season. I came off of the bench, usually after halftime at all, and the frustration of riding the bench propeled me to but up good numbers in the limited minutes I had. i averaged 2.3ppg 1rpg 1.4apg and 2spg. Our team, with the same roster as we had last year in MS (we went 2-13) had a great season, going 7-10 after a 2-6 start. We finished 3rd in the district. But my main concern is, heading into my sophmore year, how can I improve myself in order to make myself a future D1 prospect. I'm 15years old, 5'8 130lbs (I'm trying to gain weight, as I was only 120 during the season.) I have a 76 inch wingspan, I have large hands, that measure at 8inches long, and 7.5 wide. I have average speed, and a below average vertical leap (24inches) I'm a above average shooter, leading my team in 3-point percentage (6-10 on the year). I need to work on my athleticsm, ball handling knowing I'll have to play more PG instead of my natural SG position in our Dribble-drive offense in my varsity years. I would like to improve my rebounding ability, passing ability, basketball IQ, and also footwork and deffensive play. I want to be able to be in the ESPNU top 100 by my senior year of highschool, and play in any D1 school that offers me a scholarship. Im a hard worker, and will do whatever it takes to achieve my goal. Can anybody assist me with this? If so, your answer is highly appreciated, and if your answer is too llong for this, you can just follow me on Twitter @ZTBulldog5 and DM me any workouts or drills you have. Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 06:03 PM

keep working and don't give up

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply