This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I being to sensitive?
11-09-2012, 11:01 AM
Am I being to sensitive?
I don't think anybody here actually knows me or anything, but I don't know where else to go. Sad
So I am a 15 year old girl that has everything that a person could possibly want, (except for a social life.): nice parents, good school, good upbringing, etc. Basically I have this group of "friends" but they only act friendly when I'm around the guy I like (there's the guy, about seven girls, and some other guys). And they all know I like him, he likes me, because he asked me out to homecoming. But whenever we're together, these same five or six girls manage to flock over to me. (They NEVER do that when I'm just sitting alone). And it's usually the same two, three girls that try to get his attention and act really "friendly" towards me. But when I'm alone, I might say hi and they completely ignore me (not even a little acknowledgement that I exist DSmile. For instance, there's this specific girl that does this a lot.. When we go to places as a group, she takes a ton of pictures of specifically him (as seen on facebook). Then it's almost as if she's flirting which really bothers me Sad She's also called me a dumb b**** in my face. And some of the other "friends" do this too. This is pretty much the same with my other friends too. They come to me with problems, and I'm not trying to deny their right to complaining or anything, and I listen/try to be interested; then give advice. However, when it's the other way around, they just blow me off like it's no big deal. It really hurts my feelings and I'm starting to think that maybe I'm being to sensitive? Or maybe I'm taking all of this too personally? Please help Sad I feel like anymore of this and I might stab myself. I really just want to disappear.
(I'm sorry if this seems like whining or just com complaining, but I feel like I have a serious problem...)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:09 AM

It sounds like your "friends" are not really true friends. In fact, they should be acting in just the opposite behavior. You're not being sensitive at all. You have a perfectly logical reason to be feeling the way you do. But, if they continue treating you this way, it'll only hurt you more. My advice, keep hanging around this guy you like, but if at all possible try to branch out and make new friends who really appreciate who you are as a person. You sound like a lovely young girl and you will definitely attract the right kind of people who will accept you and respect your boundaries when it comes to guys you like.

Ads

11-09-2012, 11:09 AM

You're not being too sensitive. It sounds like these girls are being typical teenage girls. Sounds like they like this same guy and trying to make themselves look good in front of him. If he truly likes you he will stick with you and not fall for their game. Don't let them get to you. Smile