This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are some long quotes that I can put on my facebook profile?
11-09-2012, 11:01 AM
What are some long quotes that I can put on my facebook profile?
In that little box on my facebook profile, I have nothing to write!! Can you give me some LONG quotes to put in it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:09 AM

friendship is like a oasis in the sorrow of desert....

Ads

You might try wikiquotes. They have lots of quotes in quite a few different categories and the site is nicely organized.

Let me copy and paste all my quotes here, hopes it helps =)

Never compose anything unless the not composing of it becomes a positive nuisance to you -Holst

Don't frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile -SinVyeSt Tan

You may only be someone in the world, but to someone else, you may be the world- Unknown

You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because thorns have roses -ZIGGY

According to the laws of aerodynamics, the bumblebee can't fly either, but the bumblebee doesn't know anything about the laws of aerodynamics, so it goes ahead and flies anyway -Igor Sikorsky

You've got to follow your passion. You've got to figure out what it is you love--who you really are. And have the courage to do that. I believe that the only courage anybody ever needs is the courage to follow your own dreams -Oprah Winfrey

If force doesnt work then your not using force -Malcom cooper

People only see what they are prepared to see - Ralph Waldo Emerson

When you row another person across the river, you get there yourself - Unknown

Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience -Victoria Holt

"You can get all A's and still flunk life."
Walker Percy

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
Mark Twain

"A child educated ONLY at school is an uneducated child."
George Santayana

All the best! Smile

Ok, here are some excellent quotes best suited for a facebook profile -

“Came but for friendship, and took away love.” - Thomas Moore

“Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it.” - Swedish Proverb

“Live life to the fullest.” - Ernest Hemingway

“Live life to the fullest, for the future is scarce.” - Nick Carter

“Reach for the sky, set goals, live life to the fullest and always remember to wake up each day with a smile.” - Brandy Miller

“Carpe diem! Rejoice while you are alive; enjoy the day; live life to the fullest; make the most of what you have. It is later than you think.” - Horace

“Taking shelter in the dead is death itself, and only taking all the risk of life to the fullest extent is living.” - Rabindranath Tagore

“This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.” - Gabriella Goddard

“Life is too short. Live each day to the fullest. That's what (Victor) did.” - Chad Jackson

Well...I suppose we could share:

"Man are haunted by the vastness of eternity,
and so we ask ourselves:
will our actions echo across the centuries?
Will stranger hear our names, long after we're gone?
and wonder who were?
how bravely we fought, or how fiercely we loved?"
- Odysseous in Homer's The Iliad

" 'Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
'That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
'I don't much care where --' said Alice.
'Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.
'--so long as I get somewhere,' Alice added as an explanation."
-Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

"It is always the best policy to speak the
truth--unless, of course, you are an
exceptionally good liar."
- Jerome K. Jerome

"I can win an argument on any topic, against any opponent. People know this, and steer clear of me at parties. Often, as a sign of their great respect, they don't even invite me."
- Dave Barry

"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven't got the guts to bite people themselves."
- August Strindberg

"A conductor and a violist are standing in the middle of the road. which one do you run over first, and why? "
-The conductor. Business before pleasure.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream."
-Mark Twain

"In life we all have an unspeakable secret, an irreversible regret, an unreachable dream and an unforgettable love."
-Diego Marchi

" Can miles truly separate you from friends... If you want to be with someone you love, aren't you already there?"
-Richard Bach

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
-Mark Twain

"The most pitiful among men is he who turns his dreams into silver and gold."
-Kahlil Gibran

"The fellow who thinks he knows it all is especially annoying to those of us who do."
-Harold Coffin

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- Thomas Edison

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do."
- John Wooden

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them."
- George Bernard Shaw

"We have to understand that the world can only be grasped by action, not by contemplation. The hand is more important than the eye... The hand is the cutting edge of the mind."
- Jacob Bronowski

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."
-William Faulkner

"I don't have to tell you things are bad, everybody knows things are bad. The dollar buys a nickel's worth. Banks are going bust, shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter, punks are running wild on the streets, and there's nobody anywhere seems to know what to do, there's
no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat. We sit watching our TV while some local newscaster tells us that today we had 15 homicides, 63 violent crimes, as if that's the way is supposed to be. We know things are bad, worse than bad! They're crazy, it's like everything everywhere it's going crazy, so we don't go out anymore. We sit in the house and slowly the world we live in is getting smaller, and all we say is 'please, at least leave us along in our living room, let me have my toaster, my tv, my steel belted radio and I won't say anything… just leave us alone!' Well I'm not going to leave you alone… I want you to get mad! I don't want you to protest, I don't want you write to your Congress members because I don't know what to tell you to write, I don't know what to do about the depression, the inflation, and the Russians and the crime on the streets, all I know is that first, you gotta get mad! You've gotta say, 'I'm a human being GOD DAMMIT. MY LIFE HAS VALUE!'"
-The Network, 1976