This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Confused about Twitter.........followers and "following"?
11-09-2012, 11:02 AM
Confused about Twitter.........followers and "following"?
If you have lets say more than a 1000 twitter followers does that mean they will get all of your updates?? Or if you are following 1000 people then you get all their updates?? How does this work? And why are some followers highlighted "following" in blue? I know it means I am also following them. But there are other people who follow and I follow back but its not highlighted "following"

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:10 AM

even i have such doubts ~~~ Smile

Ads

11-09-2012, 11:10 AM

Yeah it's exactly like you guessed it. People that are your followers will see all of your tweets, while you will see the tweets of all the people that you follow. Even if you send a tweet to someone like "@Johnsmith123 Hey what's up?" all of your followers will be able to see it, so be careful. The only way to talk to someone privately on Twitter is to send a Direct message. The last part of your question mentions a bug that Twitter has yet to fix. Even though you are following someone sometimes on their profile is says you aren't. Don't worry though, cause it hasn't unfollowed anybody, it is just an error so leave it alone and don't press follow again...all that does is bug them with a New Follower Notification even though you were following them already.