This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do supporters think about Mexico carjacking of a Catholic bishop US Citizens put on high alert?
11-09-2012, 11:04 AM
What do supporters think about Mexico carjacking of a Catholic bishop US Citizens put on high alert?
What do supporters think about Mexico carjacking of a Catholic bishop US Citizens put on high alert would Mexicans be racial profiling ? Supporters maintain Mexicans do not ever use racial profiling ,could they for once be wrong ?
The carjacking of a Catholic bishop and other violence have prompted U.S. Consulate officials to issue an alert for Americans living in or traveling to the border community of Piedras Negras.

The U.S. Consulate in Nuevo Laredo issued a security message for Americans late Wednesday.

Consulate officials are asking Americans to keep to a low profile and stay informed due to a recent wave of drug cartel violence.

Americans are asked to follow the consulate on both Twitter and Facebook to get updates about the ongoing violence.

The recent violence started with a September 17th jailbreak where 131 inmates escaped from a jail in Piedras Negras.

Consulate officials confirmed a shootout between armed men and Mexican soldiers in the Colonia Villa Hermosa on September 21st.

Another gunfight took place on September 24th between gunmen and soldiers in the Cumbres neighborhood.

The consulate also confirmed that seven people were killed and 24 wounded at a funeral in Torreon, Coahuila that same day.

On Tuesday, there were also two separate gunfights in Torreon.

The consulate confirmed that the Bishop of the Piedras Negras Catholic Diocese was also carjacked at gunpoint on Tuesday.

On Wednesday, authorities found a grenade on an international bridge linking Piedras Negras and Eagle Pass, Texas.

Consulate officials reported that some of those involved with these violent attacks and gunfights have been confirmed as some of the escaped prisoners.

http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story....&id=806468

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:13 AM

This is just all over the place! I read the headline, but then the question below is very different. First MEXICO did not kidnap a Bishop, Mexicans did..... it wasn't an act by the nation of Mexico. I did not see anything to support this being racially motivated, what is that all about? If you are writing about the warning to Americans to keep a low profile, that also includes Mexican Americans. Where is the racial profiling? Lastly, as an Anglo American, I would not go into Mexico for fear. I am not worried about them doing something to me because I am Anglo, I am worried about being picked out as a "rich American". Why kidnap a local who may be poor when there is a 6 foot tall white guy around?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply