This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
please help i dont know what to do this girl said shes reporting my facebook messages as a death threat?
11-09-2012, 11:05 AM
please help i dont know what to do this girl said shes reporting my facebook messages as a death threat?
this is my first time doing so and i only said i was about to snap and kill somone and that some X friend needed to die. i neevr dirctly said i was going to kill anyone though. both of these people are out of state and she said shes reporting my profile and message to the cops and tht thel get my local police on me ect. whats going to happen? will i just get a warning? im terrified

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:13 AM

you should be terrified. What you did was pretty bad, especially in this day where crazies are all over the place.

I hope she does report you, and you do get a visit from the police and they help instill in you how serious this is.

Ads

stay calm and don't worry it's nothing serious Tongue

This is a lesson for you. There is a limit to the freedom of speech law, if you say that you're going to kill someone, that is a threat and they can imprison you or interrogate you. If you're under 18, you probably will not be charged but you may receive a warning.

If this is a one-off then the police wouldn't be interested. If you make a habit of it, or if the threat was against someone being bullied by you and others, then the police might visit. If any such bullying was serious then you could be prosecuted, Depending on your age and other factors, the sentence could be up to custody for a criminal offence.

Simple thing: tone the language down and never, ever threaten or bully online. It would be a good thing to ass a post now, "I expressed an over the top threat against someone the other day: it was stupid and I apologise for any pain or distress caused."