This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do i get to know a girl over Facebook?
11-09-2012, 11:05 AM
how do i get to know a girl over Facebook?
she is currently attending a university in a different city and living on campus (i'm transferring universities next year, not because she goes there but because its a better university) she was initially a friend of a friend but a couple weeks before school started again we hung out (as a group) and we became facebook friends. We talk for 1-2 hours a day every day on Facebook. I'm not sure if she is interested. how do I talk to her and become closer? and how do i avoid falling into the friend zone?

i know it'll be a year till i go to the same university as her, but she comes home the first weekend of every month and like i said, we talk on Facebook like every day. also, university is only 8 months (4 month summer)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:14 AM

One question before I start, if you talk to her so often, and for so long, then why is it that you do not have her phone number? That alone may be a key reason why or why not this relationship between the two of you can or cannot go any further. I suggest that you get her phone number that way you are able to text rather than facebook messaging.

First off, try not to talk every single day for an hour or two because of the fact if you share to much you will become boring and ordinary. Girls like mysterious and exciting. Besides if you don't talk to her for a couple of days (or at least initiate the convo) this gives the impressions that you are busy with things rather than the fact that you have too much spare time on your hands. People with too much spare time tend to be boring.

Next, when you talk to her, tell her about your plan to be transferring to the same school she goes to. (Note: do not say "I'm transferring to the same school you go to." Rather you should say, "I'm thinking about transferring schools to _________ University." Then give like one or two reasons why you are 'thinking' about transferring there. (Don't say you are for sure transferring, leave it a little mysterious, say you THINK you might). Then after the one or two reasons why you think you may transfer ask her something such as, "You go to _________ University, don't you? How do you like it there? How are the people there, classes, campus?"

After talking to her about the school, the campus, classes, and the people there, evaluate how she is responding to you. Is she being brief? is she being extremely detailed? is she enthusiastic that you are thinking about going here? is she saying positive or negative things about the school? how quickly is she replying? The list goes on but those are a few simple Q's that can give you an idea of her interest in you.

Once you have evaluated, make an executive and smart decision whether or not to continue the convo. Do not fool yourself or say it is a coincidence that she is messaging 'poorly' this time, don't embarrass yourself, just find a closer for the conversation and end it for the day/night.

If you continue on because you feel that it is going well. Start saying that you're thinking you want to take a trip/visit to the school. Then say/ask if when you come to visit the university if she would want to hang out with you for the DAY and show you around the campus, possibly sit in on a couple of her classes with her, tell you some secrets/tips/tricks about that school, eat lunch with you, as well as show you anything else that's interesting there. (do not start off your first one on one opportunity with her by attempting to take her to a party or out drinking; that implies that you have ulterior motives.)

If she responds positively and seems interested in your asking then you are all set to go! Get her number now, think of a day and time, talk it over with her, make sure it works. then go to the university and have fun hanging out with her! (it's like an unofficial/unspoken first date)

**Note: Do NOT NOT NOT NOT schedule a time or day that you want to come visit the university on the same day that she just said she would be willing to hang with you whenever it is that you came to the school. Wait roughly 7-10 days and then talk to her and say you are thinking about coming up soon now, ask her if such and such date and time would work for her. Make this date at minimum 4 days in advance but no more than 10 days or they will think you may have lost interest since they don't know you all that well

Good luck to you sir

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply