This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need help. How can I stop mourning?
11-09-2012, 11:06 AM
I need help. How can I stop mourning?
My grandmother died yesturday. I went with my mother, uncle, and great - grandparents to the hospital after one of the staff members had called my mothers phone at 1:37am. We had gotten there 20 minutes after she had passed away, everyone cried... We planned the funeral today and are having the funeral next tuesday... I can't stop crying, whenever I go on her facebook profile, I cry so much that my stomach hurts, I cry more then i want to puke from the pain... I can't stop no matter what.. I miss her and love too much, I do not understand why I cannot stop crying... I need something to help me stop crying or mourning... I don't know what else to do... Can someone - anyone, help me? I don't want to fall apart when I go to the funeral and I can't cry 24/7. Please?....

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:14 AM

calm down and try to be happy
hang out with ur friends or something
try and forget
remember that ur grangmother probably wouldn't want you to be like this

Ads

I'm sorry for your loss and understand your pain. The passing of your Grandmother is still new to you. Anything that you care about is important and when it's gone, you suffer. It hurts like hell however, let yourself grieve, it's your person response to what has happened and it's normal. Overtime, you will lesson the grieving, you will get stronger. I used to write letters to the people I loved and got all my emotions out without giving the letters to them. Do this: write a letter to your grandmother, when you write, you will feel a stream off emotion, this is normal and this is good. At the end of the letter, tell her goodbye, this will hurt bad but do it. Soon after, you will be better

the only way to stop mourning is to go through it. Attempting to stop it will only screw you up in the future until you go through it THEN, and it will cause problems until then. These things take time, just give yourself permission to feel what you feel when you feel it, and to express it... and screw anyone else that has a problem with it! Emotionally you have to go through this, it takes time.. it will be more than days, and some days will be harder than others.

It is normal to be sad and grieve. With time, the feelings will not be as strong. You will always miss your grandmother, but with time, it will be more about remembering her for the great person she was and the times you had together. If you haven't lost many people in your life, that makes it harder too. Maybe you can do some things to keep yourself a bit busy too. For example, help your mother and other family members with getting ready for the funeral and the jobs that need doing with family all together, spend time with them talking about how you feel and remember that she became sick and maybe it was her time, as hard as that may seem. She would not want you to be so overcome. But, it will get better, really, it is part of life, you will go through it as well as the joyful times and new people coming into your family and life. See if you can get some decent sleep, that might help. Maybe write your grandmother a letter telling her what she meant to you, how much you loved her and why and why you are grateful to have had her in your life. She will always be with you in your heart. Good luck.