This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Im so insecure? Advice please?
11-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Im so insecure? Advice please?
Theres always this voice inside of me telling me that something else is wrong with me. Whether its how I look, what grades I got, how popular I am etc.. Im just such an insecure and unconfident person and its eating me up inside. Im just hurting so bad over it. I get insecure when I see a girl my age look pretty. For example : A girl on Facebook posted a new profile pic and got like 95 likes and she looks really good in it but the only things going through my head are that Im ugly, that all the guys will like her .... It even bothers me more since this girl used to be mean to me in junior high. I know Im not ugly, Im a little above average I guess.. A lot of people tell me Im "pretty" or "gorgeous" but no matter how many people say it, I don't feel that way. I just feel so insecure and ugly and its affecting me so much. How can I boost my self-esteem? Should I just face the fact that Ill never be as pretty? Its just affecting me and my confidence. Its bad enough that Im really not a confident person but now I have this too. It really bothers me. Any suggestions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:15 AM

same here I'm a guy and sometimes I just think how weird I must look when other people look at me like I'm not comfortable in my own skin.
I fixed it with god and blink 182 so whenever I feel down I listen what's my age again (:

Ads

11-09-2012, 11:15 AM

You have to stop comparing yourself to other people. It's alright to be influenced by others who have interesting personalities or something about them that you like, but stop comparing yourself to them. You mentioned that you were above average pretty and people tell you that a lot but you don't believe it, the problem is somewhere along the line you got into the habit of a negative way of thinking and it's hard for you to break out of. You just have to make that switch in your mind, and you will be happier. The only thing you are lacking is the confidence that you can, and no matter how shy or unsure you might be once changing that thought pattern is easier than it sounds. In the end it is much healthier to be looking at life through the spectrum of not caring as much about what other people think of you, because everybody has their insecurities, once you are able to get to a point where you can just laugh off somebody else making fun of you because you know in your head that they are the ones with the problem, it is a nice state to be in. You will get noticed more, and confidence is very attractive to people. People to some extent will always judge you, and everyone.