This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how do I search apps on facebook?
11-09-2012, 11:12 AM
how do I search apps on facebook?
I can get to the app developer page, but no way can I find out how to search apps. Also, does anyone know how many facebook apps there are? Thanks.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:20 AM

To search apps,just type in 'apps' without the ' ' of course,Big Grin
You can discover apps through your friends’ app activity, which appears on their timeline,NewsFeed and ticker. If you're looking for a specific app, you can search for it by entering its name into the search bar at the top of all pages on Facebook. (searchbox)

To browse popular apps, visit the apps dashboard and games dashboard. These dashboards show Requests from your friends, and you'll also see a list of recommended apps and apps that your friends use.

As of Nov 2010, there are more than 550,000 active applications on Facebook.
Note:
In 2008, there were over 33,000 Facebook applications (according to Wikipedia).

Ads

To find applications on Facebook, first step is to log into your Facebook account. Once your homepage appears, you would be able to see a "search box" on the top right of your home page. You need to type "applications" in there and hit enter. Once you hit enter you would navigate to a few applications. However, you need to click on the first result and you would navigate to the application directory and you would have a choice of several thousands of applications to choose from.

On average, people on Facebook install apps more than 20 million times every day
Every month, more than 500 million people use an app on Facebook or experience Facebook Platform on other websites
More than 7 million apps and websites are integrated with Facebook

As you are referring to developers page so i guess your are talking about searching from Facebook app directory actually this directory was removed by Facebook in July, so the only way to search is by typing in the search box or you can discover the app by friends activity. Regrading your question about number of Facebook app according to Facebook statistics(facebook.com/press/info.php) more than 7 million apps and websites are integrated with Facebook.

You may try alternative search way on the site listed below, it allows to make keyword search around facebook without logging in.
You may use all information which describes this application. For example: application area, special features etc.
Hope it helped)