This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm obsessed with somebody who doesn't know I exist?
11-09-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm obsessed with a guy who I am 99.9% sure doesn't even know of my existence.

It goes like this, I became part of this group of friends roughly 4 years ago, once I entered the group I found out about this guy who used to be friends with them or that they knew well but that one day ditched them all and found a whole new group of people and now has a fabulous life, they seem to make fun of him, the pretentious things he says on his personal page, how much he changed compared to how he used to be, etc. but I just think he's living THE life, especially when I compare it to mine, everything he does comes across as effortlessly cool and he looks really, REALLY good. Mind you, I'm a gay guy but my attraction to him (who is also gay) is not so much physical, I don't lust him, I just admire him in a way and wish I could be like him or have him as a good friend, he is someone I would be proud to be seen with, although of course I would be his boyfriend, but again, it's not like that, sexually he does very little for me even though he's a really good looking and well groomed guy.

Checking his facebook (its public) his twitter and his instagram has become a habit for me, I know who he's dated and who he's dating, I've googled his name, I know who his closest female friends are, everything. I realize it's not sane but I just can't help myself, I'm in awe of this guy but at the same time I KNOW he's pure bullshit and that he tries really hard to come across as somebody he's really not, but still, I just like it. I've come to the conclusion that we are very similar personality-wise (from what I can see of course) and we seem to have the same obscure taste in music and movies, we make the same pop culture references, everything, so maybe I'm projecting on him? I don't know, one thing is for sure, if he does something or goes to a certain place, I want to do it, he's like my personal Oprah, as pathetic as that sounds, at times I've avoided going to certain places because I know he'll be there, and although he wouldn't recognize me, he would recognize my friends, and I dont want him to know me yet, I don't feel like I'm at the point (physically) where I would like to be for when or if I ever meet him, I wanna cause a good impression.

Help?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:20 AM

In other words you felt cool to know people while they dont have a clue about you. Cant say stalker, but this kind of behavior is totally normal.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply