This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I don't know what happened. I'm so confused! Why doesn't she talk to me anymore?
11-09-2012, 11:13 AM
I don't know what happened. I'm so confused! Why doesn't she talk to me anymore?
I have this friend. She was always the one being super friendly, nice, always complimenting me, saying hi. She gave me her number we would text every day...but I was going through something and really shy then so I would ignore her or act awkward with her in person...Didn't really treat her like a friend...

One time she was ignoring me all day, acted really distant and strange...then she saw this paper on my desk...and she got all happy and was like "Can I see that?" And on the paper it was this form for something but I had wrote something about "my friend" which was referring to her and she knew that...so after that she got really nice and friendly with me again so I guess she thought I didn't like her...

She stares at me A LOT. We have the most confusing friendship ever...because of me I guess...how awkward and distant I would be with her before so I think I confused things...

We haven't really talk in about 2 months and in the class we have together she usually just stares blatantly at me or doesn't look at me at all...but last week she randomly came over to my desk smiled and said hi, talked to me a little...she seemed really happy...

But after that we continued to not talk, I wouldn't look her way ever in class (even though she was staring at me) and just leave right away when the teacher dismissed us...And sometimes I'll go on twitter or facebook and see her post things that i feel are directed at me a little...they're always sad posts like "I hate being ignored" or "When are things going to change?"

And she's a really shy, quiet, sensitive, passive, reserved person so she's not the type to make the first move to talk to or confront someone...

Now things are so weird and confusing! She hardly ever texts back, or she'll respond right away then randomly stop...but I don't really care about that. I know she doesn't really like texting.prefers talking...When I try to talk to her, she's nice but seems kinda "off" and detached...She doesn't really look at me in class and I feel weird to go and approach her, like when the teacher tells us we can work with whoever...I stay with the people around me because I don't even know if she likes me anymore...? Yesterday, was one of those days we could work with whomever we wanted...well I went to the group of people beside her group...and I could see her looking at me, I felt so uncomfortable...She was quiet...not even talking to her group...and when I'd look at her, she'd look away...

So I'm just really confused right now! Maybe I'm misreading, because for what reason does she have to be mad at me? I don't even talk to her...and we were NEVER really close friends who just talked all the time *in person* (via text we did, but never in person really...we were just nice/friendly to each other but kinda awkward) so I don't know....Then when the bell rang she left really quick, then today she was absent...

Do you think she thinks I don't like her? I know I don't really talk to her much, and in the past how I'd ignore her a lot but talk to everyone else, text her but hardly talk to her in person, etc...And when I talk/text her it's only to ask her for a favor...like to borrow her work to copy, borrow her phone, etc...Wow I realize I haven't been a good friend at all..

What should I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:21 AM

Well I think you should talk to her about it. Maybe ask some other friend to ask her whats going on between the two of you if you feel uncomfortable doing it yourself. If she knows you really care about her and want to get back to the way it was, she'll most likely open up and be her normal self. Or maybe she's just having some really bad family or any issues going on she isnt comfortable sharing yet.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply