This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When it comes to the belief in a god, what do you think about leaving people in their ignorance?
11-09-2012, 11:14 AM
When it comes to the belief in a god, what do you think about leaving people in their ignorance?
I liked this page on facebook, and facebook tells everything you do, (we all should know that if you have one), like what photos you liked, who you became friends with, etc. The page posted a photo showing how Jesus is nothing more than a copy from previous beliefs. I wanted to like that photo, but knowing that it will pop up on all my friends/family pages I didn't, because most of my family/friends are believers. My family are hardcore Christians. Seeing something like that would be too touchy for them and I'll probably get deleted, nasty messages or they may not want to deal with me anymore or at all.

What I'm trying to say is, it's like you have to leave people in their ignorance to keep the peace. It's hard for me to freely say I don't believe in god, because my family does as well as most of my friends. I have to walk around with my mouth shut most time listening to them talk about how great something that doesn't exist to me is, and also read it all on my News Feed on Facebook. If I were to ever post my view about the subject all hell will break loose, and God/Jesus believers have the nerve to play victim sometimes when it comes to them expressing their belief? No, you believers can freely express yours.
+Reply: Get your racist ignorant a-s off my question.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:22 AM

I have the opposite thing in my life. I have become born again and know who Jesus is, and I can't say anything towards the sister I love if I want to have a relationship with her. Because she is building a career as a psychic life coach and "she" knows everything.

I let her think whatever, because I love her and want to have a relationship with her still.

Ads

I had a family member post some anti Jesus stuff on his facebook and I actually appreciated it. I knew he needed to be prayed for and talked to. God is real. If you truly seek Him, you will find.

We can go back and forth til we die about what we consider evidence and blah blah blah. I'll say we got thousands of witnesses and you'll say they're all lying, I'll show you video, and you'll say it was doctored, I'll show you records of the man's cell being on the scene at the time of the murder and you'll say his cell was stolen that day, I'll show you dna and you'll say it was planted, and it will just never ever ever end.

If you truly want to know God, pray to Him in the name of Jesus and ask Him to reveal Himself to you in a way that you can understand. Not everyone is the same.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Matthew 12:30 "He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters.

I think you should have liked the picture. Your religion is your own choice. They should be glad you are not questioning them yourself. If they can't respect your religious views, you have no reason to respect theirs. Especially in such modern times, it is essential that the fundies learn to coexistent with people belonging to other religions. Very soon we may be left fending for ourselves with no government to help us, and if that happens, it will be crucial that people from all types of religions can learn to work together and cast their petty differences aside.

Make it easy on yourself and don't post anything online that you don't want everyone in the world to know.

I would avoid any mention of your beliefs whether Atheist, Agnostic or Believer.

You have the decency to let others have their beliefs and the fact that you don't believe is your personal belief just like theirs.

Let them believe what they want and unless you want some of them to try to "save" you, keep your feelings to yourself.

it means you have no integrity.

I know I'm not okay with interracial relationships and have a big problem with black people of course I don't go around promoting it but I'm open to admit it to anyone whether they like it or not.

Many people who are internally different from the "accepted" viewpoints have problems expressing their thoughts, because of the blackmail that you describe and are afraid of. Many of those people decided that the internal tension was too much -- between what they thought and the lies that they felt they had to say. It is only because those people were brave enough to come out to the world (and especially to family and friends) that change has occurred. It is now much easier to come out as an atheist or gay. My atheist and gay friends are much happier without having to live in a lie.

If you decide that you are strong enough and have enough integrity to come out, your life will likely change. You may lose some friends and family. You can also gain friends, integrity, and happiness. You may even decide to move to where you are more accepted for what you think and who you are.

"When I became convinced that the universe is natural, that all the ghosts and gods are myths, there entered into my brain, into my soul, into every drop of my blood the sense, the feeling, the joy of freedom. The walls of my prison crumbled and fell. The dungeon was flooded with light and all the bolts and bars and manacles became dust. I was no longer a servant, a serf, or a slave. There was for me no master in all the wide world, not even in infinite space. I was free — free to think, to express my thoughts — free to live my own ideal, free to live for myself and those I loved, free to use all my faculties, all my senses, free to spread imagination's wings, free to investigate, to guess and dream and hope, free to judge and determine for myself ... I was free! I stood erect and fearlessly, joyously faced all worlds."
— Robert G. Ingersoll, 1896