This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to prevent other people from searching my facebook profile on GOOGLE?
11-09-2012, 11:15 AM
How to prevent other people from searching my facebook profile on GOOGLE?
I searched myself on google, and my facebook profile was the first link there, aneways, I've a problem, and i don't want other people to be able to find me via GOOGLE?
HELP?
I've blocked that person on facebook but now i realized, that they could also search me on google! dafuq!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:23 AM

Facebook gives a option in privacy setting thorough which we can set our account in that way that no one can see our profile on Facebook and even on Google or any searching site.

Ads

It's too late, once it's on the net it is there forever, there is no way to stop it. Facebook is infamous for their lack of security, read the news.

If someone knows how they can see anything on the net even with security settings in the various programs. Nothing is 100% full-proof. That is why people use screen names and don't put personal date on the net, to prevent people from finding it with simple searches.

So basically you should use the following rule of thumb for anything you put on the net.

If you don't want it on the front page of the newspaper don't put it on the net!

There is nothing you can do the internet is public, the best you can do is use a nickname.ppl can do a goggle search on you and that's as far as it will go. There is no harm in them knowing you hAve fB if they can't access it anyway.

we can set the privacy as we want just go to privacy setting in ur facebook account and set as ur required

Well, as you may already know, you can always turn your privacy settings on on facebook. This will make it so people you don't want to can't view your profile or any content on it. But Google however provides information based of tags and links. If you have tagged yourself in loads of pictures on facebook, your more likely to find yourself on google images. But as far as Im concerned you can not remove links from Google.

you can make your profile private, so that even they reach your facebook profile by name, they can see any of your information. Beside that you can't stop people from search you on facebook (you can also change your name that display on facebook page too)

as you grow older, more and more of your information will leak into the net. Many website are about to find you via your phone number, your job, your property, you tax record etc etc.

there are way to do reverse search, to see who is looking for you information online