This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How Can I Remove Timeline From My Facebook Account?
11-09-2012, 11:17 AM
How Can I Remove Timeline From My Facebook Account?
For the first time I hate some feature of facebook. Mainly i hate the display of posts in two panels where sometimes the posts display randomly on each panel. Please tell me is there any way to remove timeline from my account. Hoping for quick and positive revert. Thanx in advance!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:25 AM

You can't. Facebook is forcing it down our throats. Once you have timeline it's there permanently : (

Ads

Big Grin

Big Grin

GOTCHAAAAAA

you can't
It's permanent and very soon everyone will be FORCED to have Timeline.

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Many Facebook users might wish there was a "dislike" button for the changes being made to the social networking site.

Facebook introduced a new feature called "timeline" and now time is running out for you to make the change before Mark Zuckerberg does it for you.

The creative minds at Facebook over in the Bay Area believe that these new changes will be a game changer.

It's called Timeline, and it's a complete 180 from what you're most likely used to.

Maybe your friends have made the change, or maybe you've heard about it and you're confused.

At some point very soon all 800 million Facebook users will have to learn to live with, if not love, Timeline.

Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg introduced the new format back in September.

Its a new layout with everything sorted by months and years to make it easier to relive your on-line life.

With last month's rollout, users were given an option to activate it right away or wait for the inevitable.

After an account makes the switch to timeline users get seven days before it goes public and friends can see it, giving a user time to sort out what appears by highlighting the good stuff, hiding those wild college party pictures, and deleting posts that aren't so interesting.

Tech reporter Sam Biddle of Gizmodo says it's easier than some users, might think.

"You don't have to go in and go month by month through the last several years of your life to make Timeline look interesting. Facebook does most of the work for you. They take all the posts, all the photos," Biddle said.

The most prominent feature is the cover photo. On profiles it's been confined to a small corner of the page. Timeline stretches it across the entire page, so choose a good one.

Some people will not be happy with these changes and scam artists are taking advantage of that.

The Better Business Bureau says beware of anti-timeline pop up windows. They are potential scams and could infect your computer.

So unless you plan on leaving Facebook it's probably best to embrace the change as best you can.

In terms of a deadline on when the wholesale changes will be made, Facebook has not released a hard date.

no there is no way infact i also hate the timeline it sucks it slow facebook

I love the new timeline. First time I like some new feature of Facebook.Haha
There's no turning back now.

If you want to get rid of timeline check out this page http://www.facebook.com/endtimeline

there is no way to get rid of it - everyone is being converted to the timeline - it's the new look for facebook

here's how to set it up

http://abrax.us/Facebook/TimelineChecklist.php

There's no way to remove it. Although for the moment Facebook did not make a clear statement in any of its official pages about how the upgrade would be deployed, and as a consequence there is a lot of false information going around, experienced users know that Facebook upgrades of this size have never been optional.

Besides, there are clear evidences that indicate that there will be no way to go back to the old Profile. Take a look at the article in the source to see what those evidences are.

you cant opt out of timeline once you have opted in. you can however still view your profile and anyone else who has timeline's profile in the old style format, if you follow the simple guide here:
http://www.fbpurity.com/disable-facebook-timeline.htm