This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get rid of ads on facebook?
11-09-2012, 11:18 AM
How do I get rid of ads on facebook?
Suddenly today I have triple the number of ads in facebook. I really dont know what happened but I dont recall downloading any spyware or bugs. I used to get a column of ads along right side of screen and I could tolerate that. But suddenly today, out of the blue, I started getting these huge block ads at center top of screen cutting my profile info in half. These ads never appeared in this location before and I dont know what to do. Many are by smarter lifestyles. I never ever had ads at top center of the profile page before. There is no opt out option. also, my game stories/news feed has been overrun with ads for this scammy mind quize and smart date thing. I have heard both are scams that if u sign up and take the quiz or join the smart date thing, your cell phone gets charged all these fees. does anyone know why I suddenly have ads all over my entire profile page and game stories and everywhere? Overnight the number of ads on my facebook account tripled and I dont know what to do. I have to scroll down very, very far to see my game stories/news feeds because these ads are so large and take up such a huge part of my screen. I dont even have a facebook account anymore practically - it is nothing but ads all over the place. can anyone help me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:27 AM

Don't log in!

Ads

11-09-2012, 11:27 AM

If you are using Firefox you can download AdBlocker. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...lock-plus/

All the instructions are here: http://ausbury.wordpress.com/2008/07/02/...n-firefox/

So happy I found this because the ads were driving me crazy. If you don't use Firefox, I don't have an answer but you can easily download it and you don't get annoying pop ups like with internet explorer either.Smile

Good luck!