This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm trying to fight the urge of wanting a baby..?
10-01-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm trying to fight the urge of wanting a baby..?
All these teenage girls are getting pregnant and having babies now a days, many of them younger than I am... and i see all the photos of these adorable babies on my timeline, on instagram, twitter etc and it makes me want one so bad. I love children, I help my aunt with her daycare and just love the little babies and all the toddlers.

However, I'm 18.. my boyfriend is 17.. and i know we're way to young and need to be settled down before kids but I.. I want one so bad. Any advice would be appreciated.

Please do not call me "ignorant" and "immature". I know I'm waaay to young to have a child. I'm not dumb.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 07:40 PM

I was like you growing up. My friends were having babies.. I know what you mean, but be smart. Wait until your a bit older. When you feel you are an adult and are considered one. I see so many young teens having them and its sad.. I'm pregnant and I'm 23 years old. I can't imagine how teens do it. If you were to ask them.. They would most likely all admitt they wish the had waited. They don't regret their child but they regret not waiting. You have your whole life ahead of you. Be smart and wait until your completely ready. I wanted one.. Now that I'm about to have one, its scary.. But I know i can take great care of him and give him a lot in life.

Ads

You're entering that age where a woman naturally should become child-bearing, so it's not that uncommon. Something that might help, sit down and do the finances. When you calculate that a child costs roughly $30,000 to raise from birth to 18, and that doesn't include college, it may sway you a bit. Another thing that might help, is think about your relationship with your boyfriend. Do you want to make that stronger? How can you establish that relationship to build it to as strong as possible first, so any baby you bring into this world has two well established parents? Focus on him for now. And on you. Go to school, get a job. Do things that would keep you occupied. And while you're at it, enjoy the children at your aunts daycare as if they were your own, you just don't have to bring them home and stay up every night caring for them. You're getting the good part from them!
Hope that helps, and remember, it'll happen when it's right.

borrow someone else baby for a day. makes sure its a day when they cry, teethe, have a cold. those are the worst days and will make you literally change your mind in a heartbeat. i have a 9 month old and im pregnant with my second, 15 weeks. im only 20. i had the "baby fever" like you did. and now i wish i wouldve waited. dont get me wrong i love my baby girl more than anything but im stressed constantly, i dont get to hang out with my friends anymore, and theres always something to do that will make you go crazy if your not emotionally ready. your bf is wayyy too young to take on that responcibility anyway hun.... 17 isnt even legal. or old enough to get a GOOD job that you have to have to afford a baby. fast food jobs arent gonna work. trust me i know. my bf works 2 jobs, one factory and a side job. hes gone constantly. and i work one and we still struggle everyday. its tough and kids need to think about these things before they go and get pregnant. finish school, go to college, GET MARRIED for gods sake. dont have a baby with someone your not even married too. tae my advice and please just wait. youll love yourself for it later.

If it's Twitter, Facebook & Instagram that is making you want a baby so bad, REMOVE THEM! Or at least delete the people who are making you want one so bad. Teenagers will post pictures of their cute little babies, but what they DON'T post is how tired they are in the middle of the night when they have to get up and make bottles, or how much money they have to spend a week on formula, if they're formula feeding (which many teens don't have the patience/time to breastfeed), or how babies scream and cry EVERY time they need something, or their poopy diapers. Of course they're adorable, but they are a ton of work, and being a mom is a FULL-TIME 24/7 job.. There is no getting away from it.

You're obviously not ignorant. If you were, you would be TRYING to get pregnant and ignoring the fact that you're too young. If you need to have a social life on the internet (with Twitter, Facebook, etc), then at least get on birth control. Other than that, there's not a whole lot I can say.

Go to one of your friends house and offer to watch their baby for just one day - THAT itself will change your mind Wink