This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it fair that 75% of my facebook friends deleted me because of my religious beliefs?
11-09-2012, 11:27 AM
Is it fair that 75% of my facebook friends deleted me because of my religious beliefs?
I am an atheist/anti-theist and I'll often post things on my wall mocking religion or criticizing the bible. I am civil and encourage my friends to challenge me to a rational debate. Is it fair that my friends delete me just because of this? I'm nice to them and often do favors for them and they delete me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:35 AM

Cult members always reject people who have left the cult.

Ads

Christians who are perscecuted for their beliefs, or lose friends, etc. will get many, many rewards in Heaven......but there is no reward for an atheist who this happens to.

Love thy neighbour ... except what we actually find is that the religious tend to be the most intolerant, bigoted, intransigent people on the planet. And all because you don't believe in their imaginary friend.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so daft.

Yes it's fair..

Who are you to demand that someone keep you as a friend?

"I am civil and encourage my friends to challenge me to a rational debate."

NO YOU'RE NOT...

"I'll often post things on my wall mocking religion or criticizing the bible."

You are arrogant, dis-respectful & clueless...... NOW

This is not the ME…..ME…..ME….. Channel

WELCOME to R&S……

Where we ask and answer questions about Religion & Spiritually!

You seem to be lost? Can I help you to the exit and point you in the right direction?

no .. not fair ... OF COURSE there is NO god .. they haven't grown up yet ...

No, it isn't fair. Once again, religion has screwed over someone's happiness.
Even if you did try to see it from their perspective it would be totally useless, since they refuse to see it from yours. Don't let them make you doubt yourself. You should never be silenced because of your honesty and your opinions about something you believe or don't believe in.

No, they probably deleted you because you were being an asshat.

I'm an atheist, I'm open about it and proud of my beliefs (or lack thereof) but I don't go round criticizing my FRIENDS for their beliefs.

If you want to do some bible bashing, go on on-line forums or somewhere where you don't actually know the people.

Life isn't fair, & you have not treated them like friends.

May be it's because the way you right things about Bible. Never ever insult Bible. Don't wright about Bible like you are criticizing it, instead write it like you are questioning about Bible. Like:
why in Bible it is written like this...? I doesn't make sense to me. Please explain it.
Because you have right. You can believe whatever you think is right but you don't have right to insult other people's belief.
When you will ask them this way then they will like to debate about it with you.
1)If they still don't answer you and delete you from their friends list then it means they are not open minded people and thinks that they are always right. They take their religion like it's a culture or tradition followed by their ancestors. They think like extremists. So why to bother such people who don't want to find the truth of the religions.
2) You should not take facebook seriously because in reality they are not really your friends. Friends doesn't mean that anyone who talks to you and shares his/her photographs with you. In real you have really a few true friends that understands you and your feelings. They understands your craziest dreams and they way you see this world. They try to motivate you because they want you to be happy. If those people who unfriend you, would really be your friends then they must have told you about their religion that they think is right so that you don't follow the wrong religion according to them. But instead of it they deleted you from their friends list that shows they were really not your friends. Well they deleted you because you were saying wrong things about their religion so that's fair.
Well I am not an atheist nor a Christian. I am a Muslim who thinks my religion is the right one and I can prove that scientifically. If you want to debate about it, you are most welcome. I have no problem with it.