This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does this means "IS SOCIAL MEDIA A FAD?"?
10-01-2012, 07:57 PM
What does this means "IS SOCIAL MEDIA A FAD?"?
hi there, i have to write an essay about this topic/question but I still don't know what the question is asking. Can someone explain it to me?

It says on the internet that the word FAD is 'A fashion that is taken up with great enthusiasm for a brief period of time' (from thefreedictionary). However, I still don't quite get it. Does that mean that all social media like FB or twitter is just temporary, meaning that it is popular now and it might fade away in the future?

I hope you can help me with this one. Thanks in advance!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2012, 08:05 PM

Mmm like social media is just a thing of today, everyone is using it or so hung up on it because it's in, and everyone wants to be considered "in", but sooner, probably later, it'll be a thing of the past and people will eventually find something else to do with their time.

Ads

"It says on the internet that the word FAD is 'A fashion that is taken up with great enthusiasm for a brief period of time' (from thefreedictionary). However, I still don't quite get it. Does that mean that all social media like FB or twitter is just temporary, meaning that it is popular now and it might fade away in the future?"

There you go, that's the main question of your essay.

to answer it you must explore how it started, how it evolved in what it now is and how it might be in the future. Also compare it to real 'fads' and see if social media is heading to the same end as those other fads.

interesting /question .. thanks