This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is its normal to be like this?
11-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Is its normal to be like this?
I was on facebook earlier and this girl had updated her profile picture, and shes popular+pretty, so had 54 likes already. I looked at the photo and just burst into tears. I don't know what it is, but everyone is so much prettier than me, it gets me down a lot. I dont think having facebook helps, I see all these updates, of how great every ones life is and it just makes me feel bad. I'm 13 btw and I just don't understand.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:36 AM

BUT YOU ARE PRETTY TOO
PLACE YOUR PICTURE ON THE QUESTION NEXT TIME AND WE WILL VEREIFY HOW PRETTY YOU ARE
DON T WORRY WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE SAYING AND THINKING
WHAT DOES YOUR MOTHER AND FATHER AND SISTERS THINK OF YOU?
THAT IS WHAT REALLY MATTER.

Ads

Yes it is normal to be like that. Just keep in mind, not everyone's life is how it appears, even if it is through facebook. I'm sure you are just as pretty as everyone else, but pretty is the body, beauty is the soul. I don't think you should focus too much on this girl, popularity only lasts through middle school and high school and only a minor thing in life.

I know how you feel. But remember, people will only post the BEST pictures of themselves. Behind every photo where they look pretty will be 100 photos where you might not have been so jealous of them. They picked those few for a reason. The same goes for everything posted on facebook.

watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOz0DHoMsq8&feature=g-wl

I'm 13 too and i'm the same i got told it's just an emotional time. Anyway you probably have a better personality and more inner beauty. Smile Hoped this helped a little. x

Yes, unfortunately it is normal to be like this, thanks to society. Nowadays, being pretty is everything. Remember, everyone agrees that society is f***** up. As you grow up, you will change. But as for right now, I'm sure your beautiful as well!!!!

It is normal, but if you're feeling sad more often, or every day for at least two weeks, you should talk to your parents or your school counselor about depression. Depression can be very serious, and is a lot more common than you may realize. It's okay to be sad sometimes, but if you're sad most of the time, you can get help to feel better about yourself.

i know i don't know you, but i guarantee you're alot prettier than you think. it's very normal to feel that way though. i bet alot of the facebook girls feel like that too. they probably take dozens of pictures just trying to find a good one to post just so people will like and comment. so cheer up Smile and remember you are just as pretty

Facebook is for sad and nosy people
you don't have real friends on there
I'm not pretty but I dont let it get me down, life isn't about looks. It's about having hobbies, getting a good job being a good person
there's more to life than looking pretty i'm not pretty but I have a wonderful boyfriend and just because she's popular doesnt mean she's a nice person
dont worry about it
she probably just wears a lot of make up and is very false
no need for you to copy though, just find some good things about yourself and be happy
i know what it feels like to feel like the ugly one, glasses etc but don't worry about it, i'm sure you are the better person
those popular people are horrible arn't they? i bet they dont even have one real friend