This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I raise £2,000,000?
11-09-2012, 11:30 AM
How can I raise £2,000,000?
I know this sounds extreme, but let me explain. I have worked in the music industry for 15 years now. I started off in bands when I was 18 years old. When I was 22 I gained my first recording experience while in a band called 'Full-Force' working with producers & engineers from Mute records (parented by EMI records), and now Mute records belong to Universal records (part of Universal Music Group (UMG)). I am currently working with an indie pop/rock band at the minute that will be releasing there debut single into the UK charts over Christmas.
I know people may say that 'if any one had a couple of million quid, then any one will be able to do it', but trust me, it does not work like that. With a great deal of respect most people do not possess the knowledge I have regards music, let alone experience, connections, etc. The only thing that is stopping me from turning my great singers into top recording artists at the highest level is MONEY.
Yes, I have options. I can carry on doing what I am doing now i.e working with bands on the way up, or I could find a job at a record company, but I want to take my record label places as it is in every ones nature to want to follow there dreams, and there is nothing wrong with that. What I want to know is, how can I raise that kind of money? How can I get investors on my side?
All comments welcome and appreciated, and if you want to add me on Facebook that partly promotes my label, then feel free. Log into Facebook as normal, and in the info bar type in Neil Negartrecords. I hope to hear from you all very soon, and Thank you all.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:39 AM

Ask a pound form 2 million people

Ads

Have proven talent and experience behind you.

Barely 10% of people get to do what they really want in life, the other 90% of us have to make good what we get.

You do not need 2 million. If you so good then open a web site, put all on the site and sign people up for a fee so that with a password they get get to your music and videos.

Go read a book or two on how to start a business. Then do what they say. (The first thing is to develop a business plan. It is useless to expect investors to take you seriously without one.)