This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I make a Facebook account?
11-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Should I make a Facebook account?
First off, I've never really liked the idea of social media besides texting. Recently more and more of my friends that never used Facebook now have an account! I mean I haven't really been a socially active person besides my friends in high school that I talked to everyday. Now college has started and I haven't talked to some of them since graduation. I wondering if I should start one to connect with them again or if it would be a waste of time. I just don't want my friends to comment on my posts with bad stuff and a employer will see it and cost me a job. I also don't want to much personal info getting around. I read that it is really hard to delete an account to once you create it. I don't know should I start one or not? Why have or haven't you made one?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:39 AM

Yup...it's fun, and makes u look cool! But dont get addicted...

Ads

I use it all the time since 2008 even though I don't want to, due to the conspiracies that the US Government owns Facebook now and the fact that US agencies such as the CIA use it to track every single persons actions who use it on the Internet. Don't go for it.

i would if i were you. not a ton of bad stuff is posted on my things unless i am really asking for it, like a slutty picture or a mean comment myself. its a really easy way to stay connected to the people you cannot be physically with anymore. i made one just because my friend wanted me to make one, but it's really opened my eyes into ideas that i can become better friends with certain people that i usually wouldnt talk to in person ( i know that sounds sad but just listen.) i might not have the courage to talk to certain people in school, so ill message them and then talk to them in school the nexy day! also you dont have to put your personal stuff up

I would(:

yeah why not but dont make more than one up,facebook will kick your *** and ban you..

No. It's become a petty, boring, public, narcissistic diary of everyone's life. Between the vacation photos of people you're obligated to stay friends with (most of whom you don't even like), the sixteen year olds posting pictures of them being preganant (and feeling proud about it), and the one-uping shallow, one-upping jerks that mind-warp you, skanks and hoes, etc, I would not suggest it.
I just deleted mine. I've never been happier.
I do have a twitter though. But only to stalk celebrities.
God bless!

Sure...if you don't have a life!

Facebook for me isn't as much as a good site as it was before. FB isn't exactly what you call "time-consuming" considering all you do is just chat, posts stuff, and comment. I mean, you have to have a lot of friends, lotta apps, and lotta stuff to be addicted.

And yes, you should create a Facebook account, especially to talk to friends. I suppose it's good for trying for a couple of months. Then maybe decide whether you want to stay or not.

You could try it for a few months. If it doesn't work out, simply deactivate our account.