This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I confront him about this?
11-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Should I confront him about this?
My boyfriend and I just had a baby and live together. We've been together for a while. Anyways, I noticed his facebook posts stopped showing up in my news feed & on his profile. So, I checked his privacy without him knowing and he has his posts set to hide from me...
Now if I confront him about this, he is going to know that I looked at his facebook without permission, but I cant understand why he would do this unless he really wanted to hide something from me?

What should I do?
@ Ramon C, we are 21..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:40 AM

You should probably talk to him about it. Maybe just casually bring up that you haven't see his posts for a while. And if not then ask someone you know to see what he's been posting. It's not bad to be curious.

Ads

It is cause for some worry I believe. Maybe you could ask first why his posts aren't showing up on yours? If he doesn't have a clear explanation, I would then tell him you looked at his fb page. Did you see anything or instance him flirting with someone on there?

Talk about it all.

Even though you are living and have a baby together, you really are bound by raising that baby right. If he's not there for that binding, he needs to come clean.

I would regard that as suspicious and would ask him about it. Just say, I notice your feeds are not coming up on my wall anymore and see what he says. You don't have to say you checked his account. And if the answer is vague, sounds like a lie maybe create an account of a woman and friend request him, see what happens.

Ages, please. Ages. Now, you decided to play detective in the most classical forms of female suspicion and jealousy and curiosity. You managed to find out something that is alarming to you for some reason. I do not understand the need to post on Facebook (capitalized, please, as it is a proper name) by people as a way to advertise each and every move, thought, etc.etc. etc. that happens in either their real or made up life. Now, in your youthful age and in this social status of having children in an unmarried state and just living together playing house together AND with a child, you have entered a level of relationship status the presupposes maturity. You and this boy do are not mature. You have a situation in which YOU suppose that THE only reason for this boy to have a private life is to cheat on you. After all, what else could be the reason? Right? Now, I said I do not understand the Facebook addiction. But, if I have an account on Facebook and I alone can select Privacy settings by signing in into my account, how in the world did you manage to get into this account? You have his password? And if you have this password and you can log in could you not also check all of his postings or messages? Again, not a Facebook fan. I am just asking. And if this is so important to you that you feel a threat possible why would you enter into a relationship with this person? Love is trust and trust is love. To "confront," a rather menacing word, could raise more issues that could be possibly be resolved. Are you ready to face the consequences of you declaring to him that you do not trust him? Is this the only thing that has raised any issues in your head? Men and women, even married or in a relationship need privacy and respect and even a private life. The degree at which this is carried varies. Many are quite open and free as to details. Others are not. The reasons vary. Why don't you let this slide and do the same thing to him just to see how he reacts? Just wondering. And next time you ask for advise, please include your ages. Best of luck.