This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My comments on news stories using a Facebook login are not being displayed at the news site?
11-09-2012, 11:34 AM
My comments on news stories using a Facebook login are not being displayed at the news site?
When I am logged in to FB, I can view my own comments; when not logged in (as in being a member of the general public readership) then my comments are not displayed. This effect can be observed on many news websites that require a FB login to participate, for example ChicagoTribune and DenverPost and CalgaryHerald. I'm thinking this may have to do with my FB privacy settings.

Recently I deleted some comments from my FB timeline, maybe that has something to do with it. My recent comments have not been showing up on the timeline, either, since about two weeks ago.

I presume that others are affected and that I can't read their comments on news stroies. Any clues?
Yes, I wait and refresh. Naturally the first thing, and so far the last. My test setup is to run two browsers, Chrome and FireFox, logged into FB on Chrome, not on FireFox. Waiting, refreshing, and praying... I'm doing all these with no joy. That's why I now post the question.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:42 AM

Have you tried refreshing the sites or waiting a few minutes for your comments to appear?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply