This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the new privacy update on Facebook?
11-09-2012, 11:34 AM
What is the new privacy update on Facebook?
I heard something about it on the radio, apparently it has something to do with tagging. At the end of the report it said the update was because Facebook has been accused of not controlling user privacy as well as it could.

Thanks. Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:43 AM

Social networking sites such as Facebook offer a convenient way to share information with friends instantly. This in itself means that the second you post something, everyone knows about it. Depending on your personal circumstances, this may not always be desirable. Change your Facebook privacy settings so that friends do not see new status updates to protect your privacy.

Difficulty: Moderately Easy
Instructions

Log in to your Facebook account. Click the "Account" tab in the upper-right corner of the screen and select "Privacy Settings."

Click the "Custom" option on the "Choose Your Privacy Settings" page that appears. Click "Customize settings."

Choose "Customize" in the drop-down box to the right of "Posts by me." Select "Only me" from the drop-down box that appears. Any status updates and photos you post will not be visible to friends. Additional options listed under "Posts by me" allow you to restrict other types of information in a similar manner. News about profile information updates including changes in religion and political views or changes to your bio are controlled in this section. You can apply a privacy setting change to other aspects of your profile such as your birthday, posts friends write on your wall and tagged photos. Scroll down through the "Customize Settings" page to see what you can change...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply