This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can government close down my website or charge me for setting it up? not terrorism/racial/religious website.?
11-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Can government close down my website or charge me for setting it up? not terrorism/racial/religious website.?
Hey, so I am working on project where people can post where they saw police checkpoints, as in for traffic and then watch out for them, I mean for example: no such and such road there is a speed van. I am working on such project, so I was wondering can government take down or charge me for that?
There is a facebook group like that, government has asked lots of times facebook to close those pages, but never did close, I suppose they can't? I mean how am I breaking a law? I am not really since all content is made by users and I can take no blame for who reported what. Users details wont be shown, in fact they wont even have to register, all users are anonymous posters. Should I use fake name and details for domain registration?

I really wish to finish this project with friends, just unsure about law side.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:45 AM

In the u.s., the government has no authority to stifle speach.

Ads

They can shut you down for using a false name and address.

Otherwise, it is up to state law. Some states make revealing police details illegal, most do not. Frankly, most police will even call to inform radio stations of the spots. The point is to stop speeding etc, and being warned about it does that.

It is a matter of state law. For example, in some states it is legal to videotape a officer but not record audio. It all depends on the state. Check with the local authorities. And they can close it down for falsifing informatio.