This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
no new engagement in facebook?
11-09-2012, 11:37 AM
no new engagement in facebook?
this is SO annoying. Im engaged to a broad and we hate eachothers guts but I guess there is till some love left. It's a love-hate thing. Anyway about 6 months ago or something we got engaged and updated our statuses on facebook. Then last night we fought and I got mad and removed her as a friend. Then when we made up and I put her back I was still engaged but there was just an empty box as to with whom. So I filled the box with her again. And then the freakin status got updated again. So it looked as though we were getting engaged again. It's really not fun to receive a lot of congratulations right in the middle of a fat crisis with your gf. a little late to do something about now since I already received tonnes of congrats but so I know until next time.

Already tried the "hide from my profile" thing, doesn't work...that thing is really annoying. I want them to see Im engaged to her but I don't want it to be published as something new. that's old news.
I don't know maybe I haven't been clear. The problem is that we got engaged 6 months ago, so it's nothing new. When we got engaged the first time we received all the congratulations, that's why it seems kind of silly to once again publish the engagement as something new. I just wanted it back the way it was, engaged, but with the original engagement date.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:45 AM

Ain't love grand?
~
Engagements are either new or they don't exist. There is no such thing as an old engagement. She is either your GF or your fiance. Pick one.

ADDED; No. you were pretty clear. But Facebook doesn't care. You added a "new" friend. Facebook does not track who you unfriend & then make friends with again. Nor who you are engaged to 6 months ago, then unfriend (and it deletes the engaged at the same time) and then choose to set as engaged to again. It was YOUR choice to mark her as the engaged person. You could have simply not done anything and bypass this entire discussion. Or simply remove it and end it.

But obviously the attention, whatever it is and in spite of your complaint, is important. So carry on.

Ads

11-09-2012, 11:45 AM

The problems with your Facebook profile are the least of your worries. Forget the updates and end the engagement before you both make a terrible mistake.

You obviously have no respect for the woman you're supposedly engaged to. Do her a favor and set her free to find someone worthy of her.