This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can people have 800 plus friends on Facebook?
11-09-2012, 11:37 AM
How can people have 800 plus friends on Facebook?
I have a few friends who have over 800 friends on their Facebook. I don't think they actually know 800 plus people. I only have about 170 friends on my Facebook. I delete people every now and then if we never talk or they post annoying things. I would never want 800 friends on my Facebook because I would feel like I had no privacy or something.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:46 AM

You can know that many ! I have 480

Ads

Attebtuin seeking Losers who add every person they meet or they randomly add strangers they see thru mutual friends. Pathetic.

Egomaniacs who add everyone the make eye contact with.

Some people play games (Mafia Wars, Farmville to name a couple) that require "neighbors" or whatever, so they collect friends from other friends that are playing the games. I never had 800 friends, but I did have about 40 people that I didn't know when I was playing Farmville. After I stopped playing the game I got rid of most of those friends, but I kept a few on my list because we really had become acquainted through the games and even thought it's been almost 2 years since I played Farmville, I still talk to those people once in a while and play other games with them (Words With Friends, Bejeweled).

Other people,like my niece for example, are involved in all sorts of extracurricular activities. My niece is a school teacher, a fraternity member, plays softball, has a very large family, has high school and college friends, and former co-workers, and she just never met a stranger, so she has over 700 people on her friends list......I wouldn't want that many people on my friends list, but some people don't have a problem with it.

They just add random people that never met from the mutual friends list. I find it really obnoxious because these people actually like a stranger's "to be honest" status and then the only thing you see on these people's walls are "To be honest, I don't know you."

To look popular/cool or they just add all of the people on suggestion or they add every person they know.

They don't, a lot of that is people they play games with on FB. I think FB is a big pain in the buttisimo.

I live in the Bahamas and our population is small like 300,000 or something and i had 1096 facebook friends. About 100 of them i didnt know all the others ive met and interacted with before. I did deactivate that account though my new facebook only has 36 friends hehe!!

Some people add everyone who they ever knew and everyone they meet and never do a FB cleanup because they either never post anything personal or because they don't care who reads what.
I went crazy when I first discovered FB a few years back and wound up with about 600 or so people and I've gotten good at paring it down so I'm around 100 now.