This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Girl really likes my boyfriend and is trying to fight me for him?
11-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Girl really likes my boyfriend and is trying to fight me for him?
Me and my boyfriend have been together for 7 months. He has this really good friend who I have never met who goes to a different school. They met in year 7, she's a year older. I've never had any problems with his friends, we've always hung out and I've talked to a few I've never met, but she's different. She really likes him and my boyfriend came and told me about it and how she'd been flirting with him at a party the other day and over Facebook. She had been looking up my profile and saying how I needed better pictures of my blue eyes (he likes blue eyes A LOT!!). My boyfriend says she wants to practically fight me for him, but I don't want to cause any trouble. I trust him, but it must be exciting to have an older girl after him, he seemed pretty proud. How do I explain that this, and his friend, are hurting my feelings? I'm worried he'll leave me for her, and I want him to tell me he won't do that to me. I know I shouldn't be worrying, but is she purposly trying to mess things up for us?
I frogot to mention this- when I asked how old she was, he said she was a year older and then told me not to be mean as she was a really good friend. He defended HER. He never said anything about stopping her flirting with him when they were talking last night, and she knows how long we've been going out for after looking on his profile. I don't know if he defended me when she made some really harsh comments about me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:48 AM

I can't say for sure because I'm not that girl, but I would try to stay calm. If your bf truly loves you, he wouldn't dump you for a girl that's causing you problem. It's best to talk to him about how you feel about this whole thing.

Ads

I am not sure if I actually believe your boyfriend. I am not sure how old two are either. I would say he definitely seems flattered by the attention. I am wondering why he is allowing this to go on. He could in a very nice, shut her flirting attempts down. I would consider the fact that he may be flirting with her as well.
Yes, this "friend" of his may be trying to cause trouble. There are some men and women, who will go after a taken or married person. Some will only exclusively do so as messed up as that sounds. I am sure she knows you two are dating.
I would explain to your boyfriend how her flirting makes you feel and ask him to stop communicating on Facebook with her. Odds are he will get mad, accuse you of not trusting him and such. It's up to him to reassure you and respect your feelings.
If he doesn't, then you don't need him.

In a way, it seems like your boyfriend is purposely trying to make you jealous. Sometimes guys enjoy seeing girls fight over them because it boosts their ego... He just wants to remind you that other girls want him, so you "better hold on tight" to him.

If you trust him, there is absolutely nothing to be worried about. It will get old sooner or later (even to him) and he'll get annoyed of her. She'll make a fool of herself for trying to break you two up. Trust me.

You should tell him, "I know she's your friend and I trust you completely, but I'm not so sure I trust her. If she's going after you, it makes me feel a little insecure. I really don't want to cause any problems."

If he's a good boyfriend, he'll understand and back off the girl because he will realize that this is not just a game of making you jealous to see how much you want him, but that you are actually getting hurt. I don't think he realizes this...

Just keep your head up! If your boyfriend wanted to be with her, he would dump you! As for "Is she purposely trying to mess things up for us?" I can't promise you anything. You'd be surprised at how catty and evil some girls can be these days. I do think, though, that if you and your boyfriend were to break up, she would want nothing to do with him. Some girls are attracted to men who are already committed because it becomes a "challenge" to try to get with him.

She seems pretty pathetic to me, though, trying to go after a man who is already taken! If her plan is to take him away from you, trust me, it will backfire on her.