This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I distanced myself from my friends for months and now I think we're not friends anymore?
11-09-2012, 11:42 AM
I distanced myself from my friends for months and now I think we're not friends anymore?
So ever since I graduated from High School, the only way I could contact my friends was through Facebook. A few months ago, I got really bored with Facebook and deactivated it. I didn't contact my friends for like 5 months. I know I could have texted them but I didn't because I wanted to have a break from everyone (which is another reason for deactivating my Facebook). But now I've reactivated it but none of my friends have messaged me saying "Where have you been!?" or "I've missed you!?". So I'm thinking they're mad at me for kind of just leaving without saying anything.

Should I message them? I'm scared if I do that they will just ignore me (and I know they have every right to do so). I should have tried harder to stay in contact.

I was checking one of my friends' page and a few months ago (while I had my account deactivated) she posted a status along the lines of "When you realize your life is so much better without the people you once considered friends.". Oops.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:50 AM

Its time to make some new friends.

Ads

11-09-2012, 11:50 AM

First of all, you have no idea if that friend was talking about you or another friend. You need to stop thinking like that, because it sounds like you're blaming yourself for everything and feeling sorry for yourself never solves anything. It doesn't sound like these friends texted you or tried to contact you, either. Just because you don't have a facebook doesn't mean you are disconnected from the entire world. People have lives. When you get out of high school, you get jobs, have kids, get married, etc. You grow up. Just pick up the phone, call/text your old friends, and see what happens. You may be able to make some plans, and if not, try again. This would also be a great time to make some new friends. Are you in college? Hit up some activities on campus. Or take some classes for a new hobby, work out at the gym, there's a whole lot of ways to make friends if you just get yourself out into the world.