This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does fb promote so much violence on their site with their constant Mafia Wars and War on Facebook ads, I?
11-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Why does fb promote so much violence on their site with their constant Mafia Wars and War on Facebook ads, I?
usually report those as offensive whenever I see them.
I'm seriously not going to allow my children to have a facebook, they don't even offer parental controls!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:51 AM

It's just a game.
I'm sorry you live such a sheltered life.

Ads

what...do you think we live in a world of fairies and rainbows?
Mafia Wars seems like a pretty innocent game to me. why don't you go out on the streets of an inner city neighborhood and tell me what promotes more violence.

i'm not saying running around and wacking people is ok. but the world we live in is just ugly. if anything you should be teaching your kids some street smarts so that they are not the ones getting shot down in a drive by.

Because FB doesn't care about your or my values. FB is great because my wife can put nude images on there and not get in trouble because it would be only intended for her "friends".
Greg.

Edit: You should be more concerned about your kid's exposure to online bullying through face book; not 'Mafia Wars' . Sorry.

So that the children who r 13 or under get addicted to Facebook & use it every day to play their games!!!!!

hay u no mafia wars is nth to the real life,,,,, real life has more violence,,,u seriesly have some retarded issues with violence n stuff.

Are you writing the TV networks as well for their violent TV shows and movies?. While you are at it you better write to the movie companies as well for their contribution to violent movies for oh lets say the last 100 years or so?.

What about the gaming industry. I hope you are reporting those as well.

Why should Facebook be any different. Kids have access to all forms of medias today not just Facebook. Facebook was not created specifically for children. If you have a problem with it's content simply just don't allow your kids to use it. It's your responsibility to parent your children. Not Facebook

Well it is better to kill your friends virtually than in reality, duh.

Facebook is intended for users 13+. At that age they should know the difference between playing a game and reality. There are worse things shown in the news. Facebook doesn't allow minors to share information with everyone even if they wanted to. It's limited to networks, friends of friends and friends, and friends so as long as they aren't stupid enough to add strangers then its fine

i don't see much violence in fb. mafia wars just a game. and we never seen mafia wars fight like in the movie or other game. only pictures and attack word seen, sorry mafia wars isn't offensive