This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
why does Facebook by default position your Timeline slightly scrolled down?
11-09-2012, 11:50 AM
why does Facebook by default position your Timeline slightly scrolled down?
Hi, I just got the new Facebook timeline and added a cover photo. But I've noticed, when I click on my timeline, the default position that the page shows up in is slightly scrolled down and cuts off the top of my cover photo. Anyone know why it does this or how you can solve it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 11:58 AM

there is no way to solve it - as for why facebook does it, your guess is as good as anyones

Ads

11-09-2012, 11:58 AM

It's scrolled down because your screen resolution is smallish, probably 800x600, which means your cover would have taken up half your screen had it been allowed to show fully. Facebook automatically scrolls it down to show you your content. I have a desktop with a big screen and a netbook with a small screen, so that's what I've been able to deduce. You can't do anything about it, except look at your Timeline from a different computer.

If you're looking for more covers to use on your Timeline, check out https://apps.facebook.com/timeline_covers