This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to get facebook timeline and I don't see the get it now button. How else can I get timeline?
11-09-2012, 11:55 AM
I want to get facebook timeline and I don't see the get it now button. How else can I get timeline?
I think I may have denied access to update my facebook to allow to change to timeline. What do I do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:03 PM

https://www.facebook.com/about/timeline
go to the link and at the end of the page it says get timeline
click and done
that is an official facebook link btw i just got it to send it to u

Ads

It will automatically change on Dec. 22

May possibly be browser related. On my work machine (which I do not have the option to update) we are on XP and IE 7. In Jan we roll to Win7 and IE 9. I don't see the option to sign up here, but it probably will work from home. Try updating your browser?

In that case you can wait until it appears as an option on your Profile.

' In an official Help Center Page, Facebook explains how to get Timeline voluntarily and then it adds, “[o]r you can wait until you see an announcement at the top of your profile.” '

I don't see the button either. It's not anywhere on the page.

Facebook i now releasing the Timeline for the world.

Here's a simple 2 steps guide to get the new Facebook Timeline: http://www.vectorash.ro/how-to-enable-fa...-reloaded/

Joe, don't be in a hurry to get it. It is awful. My big hangup is that is doesn't pay attention to your settings. I have the view of my friend list marked as "only me." but when I go to "view as" and type in a friend's name, it shows all my friends still to her. I can't figure out how to place what I want to show where I want it or even how to pick what I want to show. I'm an old pro at Facebook, being on it for years, and have always been able to help others with questions but now I've met the match. Facebook's new timeline truly does suck.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention... it also skips and jumps and freezes up when your mouse is trying to navigate or scroll.

There are quite a few users having the same issue. For some reason the "Get it now" button is working on certain profiles but not on others. Thankfully, all users should have Timeline by Dec 23/24 whether you have denied the request or not. Just sit back and relax, you should get it soon, you just may have it later than the rest of your friends. Smile