This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is the following English message correct grammatically and polite?
11-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Is the following English message correct grammatically and polite?
Hello everybody,

I asked one of my colleagues at work about the possibility to be friends in Facebook and she liked the idea but she asked me to adjust the settings in my profile in such a way that nobody else from work seeing her because she doesn't want to share her personal information with anybody.
I need your help now in reviewing and modifying the message that I wrote and i am not sure about it.
So could you please help me in modifying it?

--------------------------------------

Hi XXXXXXXXXX,

I think it is better not to add you even though I have few XXXXX staff and I am hiding my friends list. Because may someone sees when you may comment or put like on something in my profile even though nobody may know you from your profile name.
I don't want to put you on a bad or sensitive situation with someoneSmile

Thanks,
my name

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:05 PM

A few slight changes:

I think it is better not to add you on Facebook even though I've added a few XXXX staff and am hiding my friends list, because someone may see your comments even though they may not have your profile friended themselves and they could see your personal information. Instead, I think it would be better if we kept out relationship offline.

I don't want for you to be placed in a bad or sensitive situation with someone. Smile

Thanks,
your name

Hope that helps--

Edit: edited for politeness

Ads

HI XXXXX,

Even though I have few XXXX staff and am hiding my friends' list, I think it is best not to add you. In spite of your profile name, it is possible someone here at work may see your comments or other things you've posted to my wall and recognize they're coming from you.

I wouldn't want you to be put in an unpleasant or sensitive situation with co-workers.

Thanks for understanding,

Your Name

The above is how I would word it. Good luck!

I think it is better to not add you as a friend because I have a few coworkers on my friends list already and someone may see your comments or likes on my wall even though they are not on your friends list, and they may recognize you by your photo even if you are using another name. I wouldn't want you to wind up in a bad or sensitive situation with anyone at work. Thank you anyway and I look forward to remaining friends with you in real life.

Thanks,
your name