This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mom follows me on instagram?
11-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Mom follows me on instagram?
Hello. Im a 15 year old girl, I made an Instagram like 4 months ago. And I've been hooked. My mom made an Instagram like a month ago. And she followed me. I then knew its gonna go downhill now. She's very into everything I post or write. I have to think twice when I post a picture by myself or with someone because she'll start annoying me if she doesn't like it. I have to think twice about what I put as my Instagram caption, bio, profile pictures, what I comment when others comment on my photo, ect. It's getting so annoying and I feel like I'm trapped. All I use is Instagram, no facebook, no twitter, nada. I mean I love my mother will all my heart but she bickers over unnecessary stuff. I blocked her like a week ago, because I couldn't take it anymore but then 10 minutes later she came up to my room and said.. "Why did you block me? Wow, im your mom!" And I made an excuse because I felt bad and said, "I didn't block you... refresh there must be something wrong." And by the time she did that I unblocked her. For example, a few days after that. I was at my best friend's house and one of our male friend came along and I knew him, my mom knows a little about him too. All she said about him before was "he's cute". By the way, my friend's parents was home, in case you're wondering and he's just my friend so we took a picture and thinking it would be "alright" knowing my wouldn't really care I posted it up and then the next 5 minutes she called me yelling saying, "Get home now!!!!!!!!! Why are you with boys?" Wow. I'm with one male friend, yet she goes nuts. And that's only ONE example. I honestly can't take it, I want to take pictures for MEMORIES. And it seems like it's quite impossible with my mother watching my EVERY move on instagram! What should I do?? Thank you!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:06 PM

Block her?

Ads

Create a new account and don't tell her about it.

You should just talk to her about it. Tell her how you feel. If you're worried she'll interrupt you or yell at you just write your feelings down and give her the paper. Just try to let her know you're growing up and need some space.

Lying won't do you any good if she finds out!

Dude solution is SIMPLE. Make a new instagram that only your friends know about, but casually use your old one so your mom doesn't suspect anything and make sure you block her from the new account.

Make a new Instagram, and block. Make sure that you use private browsing when using your new Instagram account, so she doesn't find out about it. Good luck, your mom is trying to help you and protect you, but she is over interfering and she does not realize that.

Your mother is scared to death of something happening to you because 15 year old girls are targets for all types of creeps on the internet and beyond. She knopws there are people who will look for innocent girls like you and track you down through all the info you volunteer for anyone to see. By the way there is no such thing as security on the internet. Anything could happen to you and you wouldn't be able to do anything about it. What if you decided you like the boy and went off somewhere with him. He or a group of his buddies trick you and decides to beat and rape you and leave you in a ditch somewhere . Mom has been around she knows how nasty people can really be, you might find it annoying but she is doing her job and looking out for you because she loves you.

Deceit and lies never solved any problem. It will just show her that you can not be trusted.

If you can't talk to her, go to your school counselor and ask their opinion. If the person seems understanding than have them call your mom in for an appointment.

You do need your space, but she is trying to protect you.

Show her these answers, and tell her that is what you COULD do, but you don't want to.

My mother was as restrictive as yours sounds like. I lied, and it was a BIG mistake. One lie always leads to another. Your mother loves you more than you can realize now.

Long story short, my daughter ran away when she was 14. But, she now has 4 children and we are best friends. But when her first child was born I told her as she held her child for the first moment and she was filled with all the love a new mother has I told her: someday this angle will break your heart!

You will not know how your mother feels, until you ARE one. Give her a break, but also try to make her understand how you feel.