This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to disable Facebook Timeline and get the old profile back?
11-09-2012, 11:57 AM
How to disable Facebook Timeline and get the old profile back?
I reallyyyyyy dont like timeline. How to disable Facebook Timeline and get the old profile back? Thanks!
Just for "Internet Explorer". A lot of information on line is for “Google Chrome” or “Firefox”

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:06 PM

there is no way to remove it - everyone is being converted to the timeline - it's the new look for facebook, not an optional update - they are now forcibly converting everyone slowly without your consent

this guide will help you learn how to use it

http://abrax.us/Facebook/TimelineGuide.php

you can trick your browser into making it so you see your old profile, but everyone else will still be seeing your timeline profile, along with anything you dont want them seeing, and you wont be able to see anyone else's timeline profile then either

Ads

No longer possible it`s an update from FB and everyone is going to be switched to it .Unfortunately alot of users don`t accept the new face of FB but we have to accept it regardless our opinion.

facebook Timeline is a New Creativity of facebook.com,Now Most the Members Converted their profile to timeline.Its a Nice Idea,But Some don't Like This you also a Member among that.Try to Co operate.there is No Way for Disable Timeline.But Later some Will invent a way.so Don't Worry.Just Log In to facebook and visit Introducing Timeline to Learn about timeline.................

There's no way to undo the Timeline upgrade. Although for the moment Facebook did not make a clear statement in any of its official pages about how the upgrade would be deployed, and as a consequence there is a lot of false information going around, experienced users know that Facebook upgrades of this size have never been optional.

Besides, there are clear evidences that indicate that there will be no way to go back to the old Profile. Take a look at the article in the source to see what those evidences are.

Welcome to technology. Everything is constantly changing and making upgrades. You'd best get used to that fact...

Its not possible to completely remove Timeline, but you can easily go back to viewing the old style profile pages without timeline, you just need to follow this simple guide:

http://fbpurity.com/remove-timeline

This method is safe and it really works, you can tell this because it has over 57,000 "likes" on the page, and hundreds of positive comments from people who have got it to work.

FB Purity has also been reviewed and highly rated in The Washington Post, CNET, Lifehacker and PCWorld

Source(s):
http://fbpurity.com

It is not possible. The update is sitewide

hey, i always used socialscube.com to get more facebook likes and is working great, you should try it.

I read something in our newspaper:

"the browser extension "timeline remove" is available for Firefox, chrome and internet explorer, it doesn't do more or less than its name promises. After installation you have to restart your browser, or refresh facebook, and your profile page, AND those of your friends will look the normal way again.

In Chrome, a new icon will appear to the left of the wrench that gives access to the settings. When you click on it, you'll see a green mark that shows that the extension is active. If you click on it again, it turns red and you'll see the timeline interface again.

If you install Timeline Remove, only you will see the classical lay-out again. Your friends will still see your profile page as a timeline. Unfortunately the extension can't help when you want to see a profile page of companies and organisations."

Maybe you should try this out? I haven't tried it myself, I'm scared my computer will explode Wink Good luck, and let me know if it worked!