This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Is The Purpose Of Groups On Facebook?
11-09-2012, 11:58 AM
What Is The Purpose Of Groups On Facebook?
I was just wondering what are the purpose of groups on facebook? All you do is join and thats basically it. All you can do is post on the wall or in discussions but no one ever does that much. I myself am in a couple groups.

Is it just to make a point?
Whats the purpose?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:07 PM

to show people what you are interested in i guess.. some groups with lots of people can be fun.

Ads

It is for people to get together with common interests. Sometimes they have helped me find friends. i am in one that we post pics of our kids and we all vote. each week there is a theme for the pictures and a winner. it is fun.

Some groups are just there to exist, really, and so aren't really very active. I am in a few, however, that have lots of discussions, wall posts, pictures and so on, and they're a great way to talk to like-minded people who perhaps have quite a rare interest.

The Mornington Crescent Appreciation Society, for example, isn't something I'd do with my friends because they don't know about MC, but it's great that I can find people with whom to discuss it with.

If your groups are quite lazy, you might be in the wrong ones! Tongue