This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What's the nicest way to tell someone u don't want to be facebook friends with them?
11-09-2012, 12:01 PM
What's the nicest way to tell someone u don't want to be facebook friends with them?
When they insist on knowing why you haven't responded to their friend request. If there was some way I could isolate them from seeing all of my updates and friends then I might be ok with it, but I don't really want this person to see all of my info. On the other hand, I hate to lose a friendship because of not adding someone on facebook. What is the best thing to do in this situation?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:10 PM

LIe to them and tell them you don't go on Facebook much and you just don't understand the fascination with it!

Ads

Tell them that your facebook account messes up ALL the time, and you can't get a new one because your internet has a malfunction in it;s central processor. (that doesnt make ANY sense, just say something technical that they WONT understand. Big Grin)
Then dont go on for a few days. Big Grin

I think it's kind of stupid someone being upset over a website. That's all facebook is. A website. If they won't accept that, then I don't really think they are a good friend. People that I personally know for years have declined my friend requests. I don't know why, but I just choose to accept it and move on

Lose a friend over a dum facebook account. Sounds like too much of a dramatic person and perhapes its alright to take a break. What I have done. I never wanted a facebook but was pushed into getting one. So know I only use it for business connections. People from School or related to my major.

So when some random person asks me if I have a face book. I tell them that it's only for business reason for connections. They back off it that easy. For until you tell them no, they will think that you might implying that you will eventually.
Personally I would perfer not to connect with people I have personal connections with on facebook. for there are things about them that even I wouldn't like to know. Not to mention not wanting to see them around after you stop being friends.

So just tell him the truth, that you don't want him to see it. It for only a selected group of people.
Good luck

Just don't ignore the request when they send you a friend request and ignore it after 3 or 4 months, so they will automatically get that you don't wanna do friendship with them. Simple