This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook question; Please help! Really confused!!!?
11-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Facebook question; Please help! Really confused!!!?
Someone accepted my friend request but did not show up on my list or his and when I visited his profile, it still says add as a friend. This was just a work friend that I had worked with for about a month time frame. Of course the job was seasonal and now neither of us work there nor see each other face to face. I know that this type of question has been asked many times here. Some will say technical difficulties with the system; others will say that you were removed shortly after.
I have secluded myself for a great while now and had just started getting socially active again, but only after going through years of counseling service and help. I have come a long way from suffering an emotionally harsh past especially through my early high school days where I have been (racially) bullied and mentally tormented. Right now, it’s not very easy for me to trust people yet alone open up/interact. This work friend and I got along pretty well. He seemed very humble, an all round up guy personality wise. And there was absolutely nothing I could have done that could have given him a bad impression of me. I also noticed his facebook profile is made open to the public where he even had his cell number posted.
Sorry if this getting too long to read but I just thought I’d mention this in case I am told to get over it. Yes, I felt hurt. But given my situation, I’m just really emotionally fragile and feel this is going to take another big blow in my attempt to make friends and come out of the closet as this was not the first time this sort of thing happened and I don’t think it will be the last. On a separate matter, I also had an uncle who passed away last night, which made it an extra sleepless night for me.

My question is what are the chances that this is systemically “accidental”? And should I even bother to send another friend request if he really did remove me shortly after? Should I wait to send another friend request? Should I let it go?
Any Suggestions? I just want to try to get some closure.

Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:15 PM

firstly you must relax..now, these are technical difficulties.If he removes you for any reason you can't see it and you won't be able to chat him.Just re-add him or just sent him a message..

Ads

Just try adding him again, the worst he can do is press ignore. And there's plenty more fish in the sea, so to speak. Chin up! Smile

So sorry to hear your story. I feel that you have had a rough time and you don't need any rejection. Regardless, I am going to give it to you straight. There are a few explanations:

1. He friended you and unfriended you immediately. FB is tough because unfriending is so obvious not like life where it is more of a grey area. On the brighter side, he may not want to keep contact with someone he never sees, not necessarily that he doesn't like you.

2. Facebook messed up. Facebook messes up all of the time. I would try to friend him again. Make sure to send a note saying you saw that you were no longer friends, you really like this person and appreciate the time you spent to together and hope that it was just a mistake. The literal nature of FB means that you have to spell things out for people sometimes. Being friends with people can require a little leg-work, extra effort. I think you should retry.

3. I've thought that people unfriended me when they had really just turned off their account. This has happened several times. Facebook should notify people of this because it can cause alot of damage.

The 'acid test' of your situation is to retry to friend him. I have unfriended a few people and they wrote me back asking why with a second friend request. I friended them again. Again, being friends with people can require a little leg-work, extra effort. I think you should retry. If the same thing happens then you just have to resign yourself. Try not to take it too hard. I sympathize, really.