This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I hide my friends list from all my Facebook Friends?
11-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Can I hide my friends list from all my Facebook Friends?
I'm asking because I'm dating this guy my mom doesnt want me to talk when I'm home or even hangout with him. She saw that he was my facebook friend and she MADE me delete him. My brother is a facebook friend of mine and he will tell my mom if I add my boyfriend again.

Is there anyway that I wont appear on his friends list and for me to hide him on my friends list??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:19 PM

just delete ur mam and ur bro off ur facebook Smile

Ads

You can't hide your friend list on Facebook. Facebook forces people to show it to the public.

You can use Friend Lists to create different privacy levels for different groups of your friends. This allows you to selectively open more of your profile to the people closest to you. From the Profile Information section of your Privacy Settings page, clicking "Customize" will open a field for "Hide this from these people." Adding a friend or Friend List name here will hide the information in question from these people when they view your profile.

If you add a user to more than one Friend List, and those Friend Lists have conflicting privacy settings, the more restrictive of the privacy settings will always be respected.

If you enter three or more friends as an exception, you’ll have the option to create a new Friend List to group these people. You can create, edit and delete Friend Lists from your Friends page.

You can add someone to a Friend List when you send him or her a friend request. That way, if they confirm your request, they will be automatically placed into the designated Friend List and will follow all of the privacy settings you have set for the Friend List.

To add someone to a Friend List when you send a friend request, please follow the steps below:
Click "Add to Friends."
Select "Add to List."
Use the drop-down menu to select a Friend List that you have already created or select "Create List…" if you want to make a new Friend List for this person.
Click "Send Request."
If you create a Friend List during the request process, the Friend List will be permanently stored on the Friends page. You can always go to the Friends page to edit the list.

To prevent users on this list from seeing certain content, please follow the steps below:
Click the "Privacy Settings" option in the Settings drop-down menu at the top of any Facebook page.
Go to the Profile Information section.
Select any Profile privacy setting and click "Customize."
Enter the name of your limited profile friend list in the "Hide this from these people" section to restrict these users from viewing the profile content you selected.

Friend Lists provide organized groupings of your friends on Facebook. For example, you can create a Friend List for your friends that meet for weekly book club meetings. You can filter your view of each list’s stream of activity separately on the home page. Friend Lists are easy to manage and allow you to send messages and invites to these groups of people all at once.

To create and customize your own Friend Lists, please follow these steps:
Click the "Create New List" that appears beneath the filters on the left side of your home page or your Friends page. Or, click the "Create New List" button from the "All Friends" tab of the Friends page.
Type the title of your list and hit enter.
Add friends to the list by typing their names into the "Add to List" field or selecting them from the list.
Select "Create List" to store your changes.
In addition, if you have more than two Friend Lists, you can easily add or remove friends from lists by using the drop-down menu that appears next to their names on the "All Friends" tab of the Friends page.

First, click the pencil icon in the Friends box on your profile. Then, uncheck the "Show Friend List to everyone" box. Non-friends who come to your profile will then not be able to see this information. Please remember that your Friends List is always visible to you and your friends.

You can make your friend block your brother by this way your brother won't be able to see your friends' profile