This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question about Facebook privacy setting?
11-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Question about Facebook privacy setting?
I’m not very familiar with Facebook functions because I check my Facebook account once a month. I have read about employers checking people’s Facebook account. How can employers check your Facebook account if you set it to private? Is there anyway they can bypass that?

I set mine on private but somehow people who are not connected to my friends are still finding me and adding me as friends? How can that be?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:20 PM

They cannot check your actual page is it's on private, but they can still search you and add you as a friend, but, you can either block them, or you can actually have the settings as nobody but your friends can search you, and another setting so nobody can friend request you, but you'd still be able to friend request people.

Ads

11-09-2012, 12:20 PM

Account ---> Privacy settings ----> Basic Directory Information ---> View settings ----> Search for me on Facebook ---> Friends only.

Send me friend requests ----> friends of friends

Click the "Preview My Profile" button

Account ---> Privacy settings ----> At the bottom --->Applications and Websites
----> Edit your settings ---->Public search ----> Edit settings ---> Leave the box "Empty" Unchecked