This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I let my wife be facebook friends with one of her old boyfriends?
11-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Should I let my wife be facebook friends with one of her old boyfriends?
I've been married for 5 years. Recently my wife told me she has become facebook friends with an old boyfriend. An old boyfriend she was with for a couple years and actually lived with for a few months a few years before we were married. I totally trust my wife but its really bothering me.
Hey sheloves_dablues. Youre not married are you?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 12:22 PM

Let? You actually think you have the authority to tell her who she can and can't be friends with? Boy... you've got a lot of growing up to do.

No, you don't totally trust your wife. If you did, this would be a non-issue.

Ads

HECK no. Are you insane?

Ask her if you can have a girlfriend and see what she says. Why would she even do something that stupid?

My spouse and I agreed that if either of us was going to be in contact with any former lovers, that we would team up and both be their friend at the same time. This eliminated any former lovers who had ulterior motives to stay in touch. We then knew who to trust as FRIENDS of OURS.

I believe this is the only way to handle former lovers.

I'm a guy, and *I* don't like your attitude.

I can only imagine what a self-respecting female would think of it...

hahahaha

"should i LET my wife"

you, sir, should not be married if you think she's your property and you get to decide what she does or doesn't do.

i don't think so!

Hell no....my wife an I don't have face book for that reason, we trust each other. But don't even be put in that situation.

When your married there's absolutely no reason to be friends with you ex's on facebook. They are in your past so you should just leave them there. Including them in your life now could only lead to old feelings(for the ex to want her back) and or other problems.

It has never occurred to me to check and see who my husband is "friends" with on Facebook. I doubt he's ever checked mine either. Don't make an issue out of this. It's a guy she didn't want to keep when she had him. It's best for your marriage if you don't try to control things like who she accepts as a friend on FB.

If you totally trusted you wife it wouldn't bother you.